Workers Compensation Articles
We offer the following assortment of articles on worker's compensation and related subjects, including articles by injured workers.
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, what is it? - Describing RSD and its effect on your life.
- An Injury and Subsequent Experiences Living with RSD - What it is like to live with reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
- Superman no more - An injured worker describes the impact of his injuries and resulting depression on his life.
- What Is The Human Cost? - Examining the suffering of worker's trapped in the workers comp system.
- The Theft of Dignity - Describing the demoralizing effect of workplace injury on older workers.
- Stress-Related Injuries - Describing stress-related injuries in public service and the medical fields.
- Worker's Compensation - Know Your Rights - Describing the rights of injured workers.
- The Jones Act and Maritime Injury Claims - Describing federal protections provided to injured maritime workers.
- Worker's Compensation as the 'Exclusive Remedy' - When you can sue an employer or third party for a workplace injury.
- The Worker's Compensation Lien - When worker's comp can make a claim against your damages from a personal injury case.
- Worker's Compensation Benefits By State - An overview for each state.
- "Workers Compensation Was Not Meant To Be A Retirement Fund" - Responding to objections to issuing worker's compensation benefits to workers with long-term disabilities.
- Looking Back on 9/11 - Issues faced by workers injured as a result of the World Trade Center attacks.
- The Workers Compensation Injured Workers Bill of Rights - Advocating for clear rights for injured workers.
- The Cost of Comp - Arguing that much of the unnecessary cost of worker's compensation comes from problems with the system.
- Worker's Compensation Manifesto - A call for new rights for injured workers.
- The Nine Amendments to the Constitution - Questioning whether worker's compensation recipients have lost their right to a jury trial.
- The Nightmare - An injured worker describes his struggle with the worker's compensation system.
- Taxation - Arguing that with the current tax rates, there should be a better safety net for injured workers.
- Tell Me Why? - Asking why it is so difficult for injured workers to get the care they need.