Colorado Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Colorado Workers

• Colorado Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Colorado Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

sandra Guest

Default Turned Down For Workers Comp Over Degenerative Disc Disease

I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my neck but my Dr. said that I wore out my discs through my job. (Repetitive Stress?) I had been dealing Blackjack for 15 years and now I have had a level "2" fusion. I am still recovering and I have no idea if I'll ever be right again. Is there anyone else out there that has the same thing and do you know of any resources to contact? I know that I will never deal cards again. It's a No-win situation. So far, workman's comp. has turned me down and I have $30,000 worth of Dr/hospital bills. My lawyer has had no case like this before.

sh Guest

You have the right to request a formal hearing on their decision. Before you do that, or while you are waiting for a hearing, you can request mediation, a prehearing conference, or a settlement conference. You may want to consider representing yourself or finding an atty who has had more experience with these type of cases.

zapain Guest

Sandra/SH, could you explain why you were denied if the injury was caused by repetitive movement on the job. It would seem that if it was documented that you were injuried while performing this repetitive movement daily and you wore out your disc - why isn't is covered under w/c.

anonymous Guest

Sandra....You are not getting denied by Workers Compensation, you are being denied either by your employer contesting you did it at work or the adjuster for their insurance company needs more information on you. You need to find out why you were denied in the first place. Then you need to find an attorney that deals with cases like these. Also, Workers Comp. just oversees things with injured workers and the companies insurance companies. You need to go to the workers compensation site and educate yourself also. You can call workers comp. and get the answers to your questions. Goodluck and stay healthy!

charli Guest

If your attorney has never had a case like this before you might want to find an attorny who has had lots of cases. An attorney who knows the system is worth his/her weight in gold.

You will also want to learn everything you can about the wc system. There are many of us in CO who are chalanging the system and trying to change it.

Default Re: Turned Down For Workers Comp Over Degenerative Disc Disease

u better find a lawyer with this experience because u are in for the fight of your life i had a tramatic injury at work and they are calling it pre eey xisting degenerative disc disease and i never had a problem till i hit the rock from a fall and the workmans comp is pulling a pre-existing condition and closed my claim i going to court and i'm trying to find a good attorney in washington that know this inside and out

Default Re: Turned Down For Workers Comp Over Degenerative Disc Disease

Quote Quoting jojojo View Post
    u better find a lawyer with this experience because u are in for the fight of your life i had a tramatic injury at work and they are calling it pre eey xisting degenerative disc disease and i never had a problem till i hit the rock from a fall and the workmans comp is pulling a pre-existing condition and closed my claim i going to court and i'm trying to find a good attorney in washington that know this inside and out
    This thread is TEN years old...have to think the claim has resolved by now. Best to start a thread of your own, in WA state board.