Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

live Guest

could someone please tell me when are you suppose to submit mileage claim and to whom? Its been a year since the accident and I have numerous appoints at 28 miles one way each time. My husband's medication and doctor's restriction prevented him from driving himself. Do they consider my time off work for this also?

I appreciate any info.

anonymous Guest

You can turn in your mileage whenever you wish. Usuallly every three months is expected. However, I usually do mine once a year. Which of course is stupid. It is just a hassle for me. Your time off work doesn't count. However, the insurance company will pay for transportaion from a private agency such as a cab if you are unable to drive or the injured party.

Good luck.

hocketlaw@aol.com Guest

Under Illinois' Workers' Compensation Act, mileage/transportaion is not a covered reimburseable expense. If your employer is paying it, great...they do not have to. So, get the bills into the employer ASAP, before they reach to high an amount & someone in accounting questions it... Voluntary payments over & above what is minimally required under the Act can not be later recouped, even if paid by ignorance

hocketlaw@aol.com Guest

Under Illinois' Workers' Compensation Act, mileage/transportaion is not a covered reimburseable expense. If your employer is paying it, great...they do not have to. So, get the bills into the employer ASAP, before they reach to high an amount & someone in accounting questions it... Voluntary payments over & above what is minimally required under the Act can not be later recouped, even if paid by ignorance

tracey Guest

Mileage to and from medical appointments can be taken, however, as a tax deduction as part of your medical expenses if you fill out schedule A.

This only helps you if your medical expenses exceed 7.5% of their entire income for the previous year -- but since workers compensation payments are not taxed, this is probably more likely than you would think.

lilly Guest

My atty tells me that the only compensation settlement that I am entitled to is a wage differential because he had me to resign and take a job at a lower pay rate, Is this correct informtion?

hockeylaw@aol.com Guest

Lilly,
    There are not enough facts to know enough about your claim/injury to advise you, but something sounds wrong.