Indiana Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Indiana Workers

• Indiana Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Indiana Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

bob Guest

I had an accident to which I lost my left thumb just below the first joint. I am left handed. I was wondering if anyone knows what compensation I can expect from workmans comp?

sh Guest

The doctor will do an impairment rating. the length of the payments will be based on that. the greater the rating the longer the payments.

anon2600 Guest

Here is the determination for your state (Indiana)

DIGITAL
    LOSS TO THE HAND

Calculation of compensation underwent changes with the Worker

tyronne Guest

Can anyone tell me what to expext. Last year I had a real bad accident at work. My Right hand was crushed, all fingers except thumb, and a degloving from the top of hand. My tendons were exposed. to make a long story short. I had 7 surgeries. Lost my four tendons. Can't move any fingers except thumb because or scare tissue. We tried everything to fight scare tissue, therapy everyday for like 9 months. I am about to be released. What should I expect for my settlement.

sh Guest

Depends on your rating. Settlements are based on impairment ratings from your doctor; the higher the rating the more payments are awarded.

Default Re: How much compensation can I expect for the loss of my thumb?

From what I understand, a settlement is consists of 3 parts. The first part is any back wages due. The second is a PPD rating and they have a formula to figure out how much that body part is worth (to them). A back has a different value than an arm, which is valued different than a finger, etc. The third part is loss of future earnings. Laws vary state to state so I'm not sure about your particular state. But as you can see, injured worker's are not privvy to this formula for settlement determination. I wish we were though!

Default Re: How much compensation can I expect for the loss of my thumb?

Tyronne,

It sounds to me as if it isn't actually a loss of thumb, but loss of the use of the other 4 digits on your hand.

Here is the sight for Indiana's WC laws:

http://www.workerscompensation.com/indiana.php

as well as the area of those laws that pertain to compensation.

http://www.workerscompensation.com/r...ana&Parent=507

No one person can tell you exactly what your compensation will be, as it varies from state to state, case to case. But hopefully you will be able to get a good idea from the above links.

Angel ^i^

LOSER Guest

Unhappy Re: How much compensation can I expect for the loss of my thumb?

IF YOU ARE IN ANY INDIANA SYSTEM OF COMP YOU WON T GET MUCH.THE LAWYERS WANT YOU TO SETTLE OUT OF COURT.TO THEM ITS HOW MUCH THEY DO IN VOLUME.GET IT SETTLED AND NEXT CASE.YOU WON T GET NEAR WHAT YOU SHOULD.LAWYER GETS HIS OFF TOP,DOCTORS ALREADY GOT THIER MONEY.WHAT LITTLE IS LEFT YOU WILL GET.IF YOU INSIST ON A HEARING THE LAWYER GETS MORE BUT THE JUDGES IN THIS STATE MAKE UP THE RULES,THEY THROW THE CODES OUT THE WINDOW.iTS ALL HOW A JUDGE FEELS ABOUT YOU AS A CREDIABLE WITNESS.SO BE LEARY OF ANYTHING YOUR LAWYER TELLS YOU.tHEY ARE NOT ON YOUR SIDE.tHEY MAKE DEALS WITH EA OTHER AND THE JUDGE.IN INDIANA IT IS JUST A HEARING,NOT A REAL COURT,ITS A JOKE.THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE CHANCE IN HAIL IS IF YOU CAN GET A FULL BOARD HEARING,APPEAL AGAIN TO THE HIGHER COURT WHICH TAKES IT OUT OF THE LOCAL COURT LEVEL.THEN YOU CAN GET A REAL HEARING IN THE INDIANA SUPREME COURT WHICH ACTUALY GO BY CASE LAW.GOOD LUCK

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: How much compensation can I expect for the loss of my thumb?

anyone have any suggestions.I live in the great state of indiana.I was at work and fell down a flight of stairs,and messed my back up.it'sbeen almost a year.and my so called attorney hasnt done anything to even help I HAD a court date and some how he managed to get that postponed.now i'm still waiting.The last doctor I went to put me on so many restrictions I cant get a jobb now.I need more care and no money cause I got fired.the company dr seemed to cover up what was wrong with me and can't get anyone to see past this.i dont know what else to do.I have tried to call other attorneys and know one will call back.any help would be greatly appreciated..my email is tlc82362@sbcglobal.net