I am from Louisiana. I sustained a fall at work in 1999. An accident report was filed the day I fell. Not realizing I had actually injured myself I did not see a doctor until 4 months later. I worked until I could not stand it any longer. It was discovered I had lower back and neck injuries. At the time I was filing this under my company health insurance. When my doctor stated my injuries were caused from my fall I reported this to my boss. While out on medical leave I was terminated. At this time I discovered my boss had never reported a comp claim that I had sustained a fall with possible injuries. I had to seek an attorney for representation. The date of the accident was needed which I could not remember the exact date, only the month. I requested a copy of the original accident report and my boss created a stall tactic stating she did not have that in my file. She stated it might take her a few months to get this copy. I did not fall for this because I knew better. I then contacted our corporate office. After they investigated this issue which took about 1 week, I maintained the copy of the report. It took every bit of about 30 seconds to get this copy from my local office. This assured me that my boss was stalling trying to expire the time I had to file a comp claim. We fought in the court system for 1 1/2 years. The first decision was in my favor but my company continued to appeal. They did this all the way to the Supreme Court which was thrown out and they were ordered to pay my claim. I have had 1 lower back and 3 neck surgeries including 2 cervical fusions. Today I am still not well and fighting not to have another neck surgery. I am in pain management getting injections, physical therapy 3 times a week and was recently diagnosed by a Rheumatologist with Fibromyalgia secondary to my spinal problems. I have been ruled disabled by my neurosurgeon and the second opinion neurosureon comp sent me to. My present doctors state I am in this for the long haul.....a lifetime! My question is regarding future medical expenses should a settlement be offered. Here in Louisiana it is my understanding that comp is only liable for 10 years. What happens after 10 years with these ongoing medical problems? Should a settlement offer come into the picture how would future medical expenses be figured into this amount? Most people think a lump sum of money sounds great but I have great worries regarding this and I am not sure about a lump sum settlement. Can anyone please offer information regarding this if possible? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!