Missouri Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Missouri Workers

• Missouri Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Missouri Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

pegleg Guest

Default What should the amount of a settlement cover

After almost 2 yrs the lawyer for the Ins Company has offered me a settlement. The only thing is that he wants to subtract the ammount paid to me while off work away from the ammount of the settlement. The offer is 15% on my ankle at a 155 week level. The Dr gave me a 12.5% disability. Any advise from others and thier experiences is greatly appreciated.

Thank
    Pegleg

pegleg Guest

By the way ....I am in MO. Had my second hearing on my settlement only a few days ago and now the lawyer representing my employer has already sent me an offer at a specific $ amount at the higher rating. If I take the higher settlement amount then I forgo all further treatment...etc.I have the lower rating payout no matter what. I am trying to settle this on my own without an attourney. This site has been of alot of strentgh for me so far. I do not usually add comments.....unless I seek some advise or support for those I feel can truely relate to this unexpected endever I am under going.

I am just not sure about my payout for loss of income being deducted from this ammount (on this paper he wants me to sign) which is about 1/3 of the first #.

I guess I should seek a lawyer. It's just that I know up front they will take at least 25% and my payout is not that much! Total payout on my rating looks good. Minus 1/3 not as impressive, and if I do get a lawyer I can subtract 1/4 for them.

This injury will always be a disability for me. It may require more medical attention later in life, like replacement of the hardware (I have a metal plate on one side, pins on both sides, which literally holds my ankle together) arthritis is a problem as well.....at least I think it is arthritis....lol

Any advice is welcome.

Blessing to ALL,
    Pegleg

fallen Guest

hey pegleg, I am also an injured worker in mo. it is my understanding that your total temporary disability payments are not to be deducted from your lump sum settlement amount in mo. other states are different though. i am no lawyer though, and only know what i have learned on websites and from my own lawyer, what i am saying is do not sign nothing till you know for sure. try going to http://www.prairielaw.com/messageboards/board.asp?... then go to workcomp injuries mo. for some quick answers.

don Guest

I am in Misouri and torn my right rorator cuff totally in two ( destroyed it) on aug 27th 2003. I had surgery in oct 2003, and been on light duty since nov 2003. I am returning to full duty next week and have a definate disability. At what % dont know and wont till may 2004. Does any one know how they will do rating and how it would pay if I didnt get a lawyer. They have been good to me and I work for a Missouri state facility. Any one had any simialr exp. oh I am also right handed and an electrician, Doctor has already told me of some of my liitations. Any help .. Thanks

anonymous Guest

Final ratings are based on doctors

Pegleg, if your wanting to settle and your happy with everything except that part of then counter offer them, tell them you want the higer rating with no withholding what so ever. Let them sit on it a little while. They will do it to get out of the medical. But if you feel like you may need the medical then dont settle. Go to court and ask for future medical if you have a doctors statement saying you may need future medical that is. And by the way, you can call a few atty's and just ask them, you dont need to hire them to get an opinion, but get several to be sure your grtting the right advice.

john Guest

Readers, if you work in Australia and find yourself in an workplace accident, make sure you consider your legal interests to ensure you receive workers compensation for your medical requirements, as well as any other compensation to help you get back on your feet. Visit this website www.aussieinjury.com.au for more information...

dustin Guest

hi was rated 2 % do you know what the missouri payout lump sumw ould be on that