Texas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Texas Workers

• Texas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Texas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

jeanettelangland Guest

Default Help with a Workers Comp Denial

I am having a problem with a denial-even though my professional doctors insist otherwise. My company's insurance adjuster had an outside doctor view my EMG/NCV study. They even went against my Neurologist assessment. My adjuster suggested the BRC-how successful is the system? Are there lawyers in Houston to HELP?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: HELP IN HOUSTON PLEASE

The brc is not much help when there are disputes. The next step would be a CCH, "Contested Case Hearing". I recommend Ogletree and Abbott law firm, so far they've helped me so far.

I would contact Richard Haynes Office. Racehourse handled my Dad's injury claim in '99.
    Mr. Haynes is still practicing law out of Houston, Texas, with his law partner, Walter A. Boyd, III, at the firm Haynes, Boyd, and Associates, P.C. Joseph L. Lanza, Sharon R. Levine, and Bruce R. Moldovan are presently associates in the firm.
    http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/morein...ociates,%20P.C.

unknown Guest

Unhappy Re: HELP IN HOUSTON PLEASE

Good choice.
    I am scheduled for a CCH in January because the insurance carrier is disputing 2 of my 3 injuries. But until then, no income, past due mortgage, unpaid bills and trying to hold my family together. This loophole needs to closed: If the insurance carrier disputes your injury they don't have to pay anything until a CCH decision has been reached. My employer even wrongfully terminated and I have undisputable evidence that will affirm they did. But, until the hearing person makes a decision, I'm out in the cold, so to speak.
    I am a registered user, email is wrodarmel@yahoo.com

Quote Quoting unknown View Post
    Good choice.
    I am scheduled for a CCH in January because the insurance carrier is disputing 2 of my 3 injuries. But until then, no income, past due mortgage, unpaid bills and trying to hold my family together. This loophole needs to closed: If the insurance carrier disputes your injury they don't have to pay anything until a CCH decision has been reached. My employer even wrongfully terminated and I have undisputable evidence that will affirm they did. But, until the hearing person makes a decision, I'm out in the cold, so to speak.
    I am a registered user, email is wrodarmel@yahoo.com
    Talk to your Debtors.. Don't fib, or expand anything. They know shit happens and they will work with you. Believe me the Bank does not want your home.. They want their money. Been awaiting for 3 years now with no end in sight. you need to File for SSDI YESTERDAY, if you get a good worker she or he can put you in for expidite if you have any medical Records relating to your condition. The IC usually doesn't want to go before a court with a Disabled Worker as certified by Social Security. That is almost a 90% they will try to settle before court.

Cool Re: HELP IN HOUSTON PLEASE

My husband is dealing with the "system" as well. It is very confusing to say the least. I agree, get a lawyer and not "just" a lawyer. There are good lawyers who handle "administrative" aspects (paperwork & hearings), but do not get involved when problems arise. Then there are lawyers who handle it all. Get someone who can handle a lawsuit as well should that become necessary. And get used to the word "denied"...they like using it.

Default Re: Help with a Workers Comp Denial

Hi I'm Dealing With This Same Probleming I Have No Help Paying Bill I Went To The Welfare Office For Help And They Deined My Help. Because They Want Me To Go Look For A Job But I Have Doctors Notes I Do Have Attorney But Its Like A Wasted Of Time