Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kathy Guest

I had tennis elbow surgery in July,also ulnar nerve release..Was doing great,painfree,just stiff feeling..Was told I could return to work and do repetitive work but 2 pound limit..Well apparently PA not familiar with factory work..I used my elbow and hand for 8 hours and my elbow swelled up like a baseball and I am back to square one..TTD cut off..Anyone else have this surgery and does it ever get better??? Been 8 weeks since surgery,so dang much pain.

anon58 Guest

One thing I think doesn't look good is you were given a 2lb weight restriction and you didn't follow it. I was told employers try to push that restriction limit. When IW is given a restriction by their physician, it's up to IW to follow it no matter what the employer, IC or WC says. If your employer tells you to do differently than your restrictions or fires you over it, then you have definite recourse.
    I'm not sure how it works when the IW doesn't follow restrictions?
    anon58

kathy Guest

Oh I did follow the 2 pound limit..All I was doing all day was putting little parts together..my employer was great,I just was not ready to use my elbow all day apparently..Just wondering if anyone else had this happen,where you were doing good and then back came the pain..I told employer I had to leave and she was great.BUT..Since I was on return to light duty work,my TTD was stopped.I am seeing a doctor next week and see what is going on...I guess I was just wondering how anyone elses surgery turned out..

rl Guest

Kathy,

It takes quite a long time to heal from tennis elbow surgery. I had my right arm done in 1989 and it took a good year at least to heal. My left arm was done this past Janurary and still hurts bad, also had radial tunnel surgery left arm in March. I still can,t use left arm much at all and my dr wants to put permant restrictions on me this comming Janurary. I have been on restrictions since Janurary. Repetitious work hurts me worse than lifting 5lbs.

rl Guest

Kathy
    It seems the more you try to use your arm as it heals the more pain you will feel. I lived about 2 years working with the arm pain until it got so bad I could barely use my arm anymore. I think I let my arm go too long before I had surgery and now I,m paying for it. It takes longer to heal this way.
    I also thought my arm was better after surgery but then again I wasn,t using it much either

kathy Guest

I am just hoping the Dr. will restrict repetitive work..The PA said I could do it..I had to return to work as the PA said I should,one day and arm felt and continues to feel like it is on fire..Hope the Dr. just give me enough time off to heal..It is hard to do factory work one handed and of course it was the arm I used that I hurt.

rl Guest

Kathy,
    I also do factory work and yes it is hard with this kind of surgery. I am also dominant left handed. When my dr wanted to put me back on the job right after surgery I told him I couldn,t do it. Be very honest with your Doctor and don,t be afraid to tell him how you feel. Tell him you tried and can,t do it yet.Don,t let them rush you.

kathy Guest

juat an update..I saw the surgeon,he took me off ALL work for 6 more weeks.I called the IC and they reinstated my TTD..Sometimes there is a happy ending in this new world of WC.

anon58 Guest

Good for you kathy...glad to hear something positive. Take it easy and take care of yourself while you have this extra 6 weeks.
    anon58

cheryl Guest

I JUST HAD SURGERY AND SO FAR ALL HAS GONE WELL. I guess it will be awhile before I can really use my arm. Has anyone gotten a settlement for tennis elbow? It has been hurting for a year and 4 months and finally had the surgery two weeks ago. Still quite painful. I don't know yet what the results will be.
    Cheryl