Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dorian Guest

IM WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION , I HAVE NOT RECIEVED A CHECK IN 3 WEEKS, I HAVE CALLED AND BEEN TOLD BY THE SECRETARY THAT MY ADJUSTER WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT ,, BUT NOTHING YET AND I HAVE CALLED 3 TIMES JUST LAST WEEK AND AGAIN THIS AM , AND THEN SECRETARY WILL LEAVE HER A NOTE , THE ADJUSTER DOES NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS I HAD BEEN RECIEVING THEM RIGHT UP TIL THAT POINT FOR 6 WEEKS , ANY IDEAS ? DO I GET INTREST , AND WAS JUST RETURNED TO WORK TWO DAYS AGO ,, IS THERE A "SETTLEMENT "

Do you have an attorney? If so, tell them and they will hunt down your checks. Yes, WC can be penialized for this. I've never gotten interest on my helded back checks though.

Next time you call ask for the supervisor. Go over there heads. They will just keep putting you off.

If you went back to work those checks could stop. Settlement? depends what the injuries are, how long you've been out of work. If this is a short term, I'd say there is no settlement.

Now you are back to work, it's going to be like pulling teeth to get those checks. YES they have to pay them up until you went back to work. But who has the time to fight them when your working? Your attorney should be calling for a hearing and getting you payment on them.

There were months I would not receive a check for 2,3 and 4 months at a time. And when my attorney would schedule a hearing and it got close, whaaa laa I would receive the check. It's all part of their games.

Pretty sad when you can second guess what they are going to do next. In November I told my husband watch X-Mas is coming, we are not going to see a check from W/C. And sure enough did not receive one until after new years.

If you don't have an attorney, you can also call the W/C office and tell them you want to schedule a hearing for "non-payment of benefits".

dorian Guest

I BROKE MY FOOT IN JULY 3 BONES , NO I DONT HAVE A LAWYER ,, I WILL CALL BACK AND SEE IF THERE IS A SUPERVISOR , THANKS

I highly suggest you get a lawyer, they do not charge unless you win something. You may have problems with that foot down the road.

michaeline Guest

I settled for pennies back in 1991, very soom after I was pushed of the edge, By workers compensation, all the money which was nothing after all that was wrong was used up. My car was suddenly braking with out cause. People were treating me unkind and uncaring. Involuntarility drug by the mental system till the status of limitation was shot. I had good credit, each time my credit gets back up there I am rolled by someone. I moved for better weather, so I could legenth my life, this was another roll job. People knew things about me before I even said anything. Why can't people who don't want large amounts of money get on with their lives? Why is Worker Compensation able by the government to rape peoples lives? This is the third time my credit has been destroyed by the past. I was not given the proper care till after I had a baby in 2001. The broken neck and other dislocated bones heal wrong by themselves. Now that my credit is bad again by this injury, I am about to lose everything again, my child desires more than the hand that the Workers Compensation has handed her. I lost 2 children due the the job, I could of took the place for millions. I chose to be kind. Why are good people being rolled in every direction by this system? Help me and tell me if I can get some justice.

sh Guest

We are responsible for our choices in life whether they have led to success or failure. Blaming someone or something means giving up responsibility for those decisions; Means that someone else is in charge of your happiness and success. To get control back in your life; to take charge of what happens to you; to make you immune to forces outside your control will mean accepting responsibility. Justice is not yours to give; you are confusing it with payback and revenge.
    You need to focus on what you need to do to turn things around. You can't change other people or other institutions; you can change yourself.

aquasox Guest

I do not mean to sound nasty here but your post makes very little sense. IF you settled then how did WC ruin your life? Are you blaming WC for all your troubles such as "your car braking without cause"? Do you really think that the carrier told everyone about your claim sho that would treat you badly? What kind of justice are you seeking and against who?

aquarius Guest

Michaeline- Please use the same name when you post. Gets confusing otherwise. I read 3 posts from you and all are different names. Gets hard to give you advise when we're all confused of who you are.

dorian Guest

why do my checks that i receive say temporary total? i also called and asked for a supervisor and left another message, do these people ever return calls, and why do they have email?