Michigan Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Michigan Workers

• Michigan Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Michigan Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Work Will Not Accept Lifting Restriction

my work wiil not accept my restriction from my docter saying i can work with a 40lb lifting restriction. human resources says that they are reviewing my case eith an outside source to see if it is safe for me to do my own job which i have been doing with restrictions for 3 1/2 years since this injury happened
    or find me another job within the company or FIND ME WORK OUTSIDE THE COMPANY THAT I CAN DO. IS EHIS LEGAL IF I CAN DO MY JOB WITH MY DISSABILITY L5- RADICULAPATHY RUPTURED DISK THE COMPANY SAYS THAT I AM AT MY MAXIMUM MEDICAL IMPROVEMENT BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD A DOCTER TELL ME THAT
    PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS
    Last edited by billyooobob; 10-21-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: work will not accept my 40 lb restriction

yes. Employers do not have to provide limited work indefinately. Request a copy of their MMI documentation.

even if my job only requires me to lift 20lbs.? and i have a 40lb restriction.
    what about americans with disability act? if i can DO MY JOB SHOULDN'T I BE ALLOWED TO DO IT ?

Why Should I Have To Lose My Job If I Can Continue To Do It Just Because A Docter Put Me On Restrictions That Do Not Affect My Job. If I Can Do My Job , Can I Still Be Fired?

They are not going to let you decide what their job requires and doesn't require. Yes they may have to make reasonable accommodations under ADA. If they are unwilling, then you'll have to file a complaint.

my job says lifting of 10-20 lbs.right on the job description--it is a unioon job in a union shop and human resources says that it is not a union matter but i disagree i think disability discrimination would be a union matter . don't you ?

Yes the union should be supoporting your fight to stay on the job.

one of my docters says i can not have a copy of my medical records because workers comp paid for treatment and i would have to go through them . is this even legal in michigan , to deny me my own medical records ?

POR Guest

ASk your docotor to remove any and all restrictions, tell him you aren't dumb enough to try to lift something heavy [ and heavy lifting isn't what causes the problem anyway.] He can't refuse and those restrictions are pretty meaningless anyway.

POR Guest

Default Medical records

YOur doctor MUST provide you a copy of your own records regard;less who paid. Thas one of the stupidest reasons I've EVER heard. LOL Only an IME must be obtained via the requesting party. Report his action to the medical Board - he'll get a phone call.