Kansas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Kansas Workers

• Kansas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Kansas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

brian Guest

I JUST HAD SURGERY ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER FOR A TORN ROTATOR CUFF. AND NOW THEY THINK THAT I HAVE TORN THE LEFT ONE AS WELL. LOOKING FOR ANYONE WITH A SIMILIAR INJURY AND ANY INFORMATION THEY CAN PROVIDE THANK-YOU

anonymous Guest

http://www.shouldersolutions.com/surgery.php

This is a good site for shoulder information.

pooh Guest

WEll i can say i started out similar, however the outcome will not be the same. I have Avascular necrosis in the right shoulder now - so that needs to be replaced, and my ortho - doesn't really want to replace that because of my age and good range of motion. The left shoulder has a bone spur on it that is cutting into the supraspinatas - but to do surgery on that shoulder now - means the other shoulder will get worse. So talk about a catch 22.

Depending on the type of job you do, it is not uncommon to tear both rotator cuffs. Some doctors seem to think it also happens more with age. But the site that anonymous gave you is really a good start. www.emedicine.com is also another good site to look up information on. Not just for shoulders - but for any medical condition.

driller Guest

Hey Brian,
    I had surgery on my shoulder too and know some things about it. Try to keep moving your shoulder through your range of motion to avoid adhesive capsulitis. That is something you do not want. Try to avoid placing your arm on your chest to avoid pain (happy place) as that promotes adhesive capsulitis. Follow the physical therapist instructions for home exercises, and try to do them 3 times a day. Shoulders take time to heal and are very painful during the process so hard work and commitment is required to make a good come back. After you

dyot2 Guest

I fell and tore my right rotator in two ( destroyed it) dr didnt know haow bad till surgery, He had to shorten it to make viable ends to reattach. I fell 8/2003 and had surgery 10/03, went back to work 11/03 light duty , going back full duty next week, I have a noticably lack of range and use. Dr told me of some limitations and that what I have is what I ll have , any one know how work comp is on settling a disability in missouri.

carmey Guest

I fell and tore my rotator cuff also, had surgery but I ended up with frozen shoulder, had a manipulation done but it didnt help(mainly because of other health issues at the time)My Dr is getting ready to shedule me for another manipulation.I havent been able to lift my arm over my head since oct 2002!!Make SURE you do all exercises when instructed to do so, beleive me, you do NOT want to end up with frozen shoulder NOT fun!!W/C settled my case and part of it was lifetime medical, Thank God!!

brian Guest

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INFO. I AM A CABINET BUILER BY TRADE NOW FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS. NOW THIS NEW DOCTOR SAY THAT IF I HAVE TORN MY LEFT SHOULDER THAT I MAY NO LONGER BE ABLE TO COMPLETLY DO THIS TYPE OF WORK AND THAT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME. ITS ALL ABOUT STRENGTH AND AT 5 MONTHS POST OP I AM STILL RESTRICTED TO TEN POUNDS, MAKES ME WONDER HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO BE ABLE TO LIFT 200 POUND SHEETS OF MATERIAL IN ORDER TO PERFORM MY JOB. BECAUSE OFFICE WORK SUCKS, LOL, ANYONE GOT AND INFORMATION ON HOW THEY ARE SETTLING ON THESE TYPE OF CASES IN KANSAS.

screwed Guest

Brain, I seem to have the same problem as you, can't do previous job...emp is setting up interviews for other positions that pay almost half of what i was making. Still don't understand how they are to make up the difference and over what period of time that will be. Think this is jjust going to be another way that they will screw us. It just isn't fair. I have been there a little over 10 yrs, if they do find something else that is less paying, does this cut out the retraining or vocational rehabilitation you would recieve?

anonymous Guest