Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Surveillance

Default Re: Surveillance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD21JDMp86c

this video will hopefully make someone laugh, turn up your volume...

I love the 80's music videos

Thanks Kelly, Thats my theme song...LOL
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world...indeed...its the only thing that ever has - Author Margaret Mead

I participated in about 500 or so cases in which fraud was an issue.

Yes, there are people who commit fraud and since 1996 when new legislation in New York State allowed the WC Board itself to make decision on §114a civil fraud, the I/C's have been far more aggressive because until that time the legal authorities were just not interested.

But just because a PI has taken some photos or films or your neighbors ‘ratted’ you out, does not mean that (1) you have committed fraud or (2) that the Law Judge or panel of Commissioners will find that there has been fraud. If it was ever found out that someone was paid to be a witness,the ramifications for the PI and the carrier would be far greater than any money they could save by getting your claim tossed out.

It is acknowledged that injured workers have good days and bad days. In NY, the claimants are usually given the benefit of the doubt. But do remember that fraud costs everyone money: fraud by not just injured workers but by doctors and employers.

No I/C is going to waste money following you around for along period of time or paying their attorneys to pursue a case unless they feel that they have something to present to the Comp Board. I know that one firm in NY when the legislation was just passed who became very aggressive on this issue and after while they were told to ‘back off' or they would find their charges would not be looked upon favorably.

If you are doing nothing wrong, as noted by another blogger, wave and say “Hi”. They’ll go way unless you are doing something contrary to what your doctor states as being within your abilities.

Surveillance is used to harrass injured workers. Often we see private investigators because they want to be seen. The message is "your life is not your own while you have an open claim".

Surveillance is never a waste of time for an insurer. At the very least it is unsettling to an injured worker.

The question arises.....how can a former Commissioner be unaware of what is virtually common knowledge to many injured workers? I truly intend no disrespect to the Insider but are Workers Comp authorities so insulated from what injured workers experience?
    Last edited by lost in connecticut; 03-04-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Lost,

I have to agree with you. I dont think that work comp. authorities are that insulated. It is how they are all trained. They are trained to believe that no one could possible be injured at work.

Ive said it before on here. We could of been hit by a "Mack" truck and the IC and ER will say "Yeah, you were hit, but you couldnt of possibly sustained any injuries"

Remember they are all trained that we as injured workers are fakers and malingers. I would love to line them all up and hit them with the Mack truck, them make them "prove" their injuries...

Obviously Iam having a bad day, I really would not wish harm on any one, even IC people or DA.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world...indeed...its the only thing that ever has - Author Margaret Mead

I tink we all wish that the insurers and DAs could "walk in our shoes" sometimes.

Hey didn't you all know that we are all fakers? Anytime I bring up the situation infront of a group of people most think that we are just out for the money. I read something recently that said the % is less than 11% that includes those that they figured the didn't catch. The only time you hear about w/c is when it's being in the news from some a-hole or rotten apple or whatever you want to call them that people see get caught and first thing off SEE WE ARE PAYING FOR THESE LAZY PEOPLE WHOM DO NOTHING BUT WANT A BIG PAYCHECK. I was with my daughter last week and one of her friends said something like this in regards to octo-a-hole and I jumped down their throat so fast that my daughter was shocked. I then started to tell them how many of us are out there and told them they should look at our forum to see how all of us are laying back in luxury being in the home and getting the best healthcare available lol. Then I told them the truth and challenged them to look on line for forums like this and see what is really going on, because one day it might be them and I would like to see their faces when people look down on you, your loosing your home, family, health and pain that not one of the ic's want to take care of, and your er and fellow employers turning their backs on you. Well sorry for the rant something just got under my skin in one of the blogs.

Keep up the fight and give them the 1 finger salute!

Nipper

I've been followed and watched for almost 2 years now on and off.

Recently I busted my CA in several lies regarding DD medical records and a BRC agreement that wasn't sent to some so called "unbiased peer reviewer" and when I called her on it and let her know that I knew she was lying and told her that I was going to file a complaint against her with the TDI, the PI's came out of the woodwork again.

They also come around more when my doctor suggests a new proceedure that needs to be done, so I'm usually on the lookout for them at that time.

It does get under my skin when I know that they are watching me. I try to blow them off and on some days I can, then other days it really ticks me off and I let the PI know that I know they are there caught watching me. They will usually go away for a few days then it would start all over. I do have to admit though, that it is fun to play cat and mouse when I want to bust them.

Just something else to do in my hum drum life. (Mission Impossible theme song comes to mind right now, lol)

Taking pictures of them drives them nuts.

Oh yea it does, Lost! My PI mugshot file is pretty big.