Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Oklahoma Workers

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

rita Guest

Default Pain and Suffering in a Workers Comp Settlement

Do you get pain and suffering in a work comp settlement?

sh Guest

No.
    Workers Compensation benefits are based on disability findings.

anonmo1 Guest

great answer sh, this person is obviosly new to work comp could someone give better detail for them. thanks, the one,the only, anonamo1

aj Guest

Unlike most other areas of law pain and suffering is not awarded in a wc claim. These items are subjective and wc is based on objective findings.

nj Guest

Just Imaging, if pain and suffering were part of the settlement how great of a job the doctors would do and we would all be back to work better then before.And if I had wings,I'd be able to fly.

living Guest

Just imagine if iw were paid for pain and suffering there would be alot of rich iw and broke ic.

sweetpapilove Guest

I AGREE! UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT PAID FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING. SOME WC COMPANIES EVEN HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY OUR PAIN IS IN OUR HEAD; NOT REAL! OF COURSE..THIS ADDS INSULT TO INURY.

I PRAY SOMEDAY THE PAIN AND SUFFERING OF INJURED WORKERS GETS RECOGNIZED IN THE COURTS.

digger Guest

I received a verbal offer over the phone from my caseworker for $50,000 and I still need a total knee replacement (per two doctors). I told him that the operation was supposed to cost at least that and that I would rather settle the rest and leave medical open. Can I do that?
    Nurse Ratchett has scheduled me for a rate release or something. The doctor is wonderful...the nurse is a biddy. Should I tell them no?

vt Guest

digger,
    First off do you have a lawyer? I would say not since they called you directly. What is the percent the Dr's giving you of use of your leg after the opperation, also take account for the
    theripy. Also what State do you live? My State
    Oklahoma Yes, you can do that! But, to keep it open you have restrictions, Like you have to see
    the Dr. at lest once a year or once every two, these are things that WC wont tell you!! To keep
    the midical open. Also the 50,000 What are they going to give it to you for? Because if it is for future pay loss or anything with pay it is TAXABLE income. If you can get them to make it other then wage it is not!!! Peaple think it's workers comp. and not taxable they are miss guided and needs to call and ask IRS what is and was isn't. Look at your State Pay out list on WC.
    When was your injury!!! Talk to a Lawyer.Aslo if
    you get a lawyer they get 30% 10 and 20, Get someone to go to your Dr. too get pricing on things that they need to do, and pricing on things they may have too do. Medicins, Theropy,Trips, ect.Add it up then call them.Get the things that is going to cost in WRITING!!

digger Guest

I am in NC and was working part-time for a big box employer when the injury occurred back in 2002. The really sucky thing is that have been a Realtor for eons and it ruined that vocation.
    I have spoken with an attorney who said he would help me if I needed help. Since I wanted to leave the medical open, I suspect the award or whatever you call it was too small to bother with.
    Is it in my best interest to settle any part of the claim?
    I was on TTD until I found a job. Currently, I am unemployed again through no fault of my own. I worked at the interim job for less than 9 months. I am concerned that since I am over 50, there is the reality of age discrimination. Difficult to prove, but it exists. Unemployment is paying me less than half of what I made, but it is only for 13 weeks. I did have one interview during this time which has turned into a repeat interview. Fingers crossed.
    If my unemployment runs out, then what?