South Dakota Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured South Dakota Workers

• South Dakota Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• South Dakota Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

in Guest

Default Partially Disabled But Ineligible For State Disability Benefits

I'VE BEEN DEEMED PARTIALLY DISABLED BY THE STATE. I FOUND THIS OUT ONLY AFTER APPLYING FOR DISABILITY, BUT MUCH TO MY SURPRISE I AM DENIED DISABILITY BENIFITS DUE TO THE ABILITY THAT I AM NOT TOTALLY DISABLED. I HAVE A PENDING W/C CASE WHICH THIS STATE DR. SEEMS TO THINK WILL MAKE ME ALL BETTER. THEREFORE I HAVE BEEN RECIEVING UE BENIFITS. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF BEING STRUCK BY LIGHTING THAN FINDING A JOB. HE HAS SUGGESTED VOCATIONAL RE-HAB. IS THIS A STALL TACTIC? HAVE I OPENED PANDORA'S BOX? THIS SEEMS LIKE ITS YOU AGAINST THE WORLD. FRAUD? HOW? I'M BEING TOLD I CAN WORK AND I SAY I CAN'T! THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE UE CLAIM ASKS ARE YOU ABLE TO PERFORM THE TYPE OF WORK YOU ARE SEEKING? YES! I AM SEEKING A JOB WHICH I CAN SLEEP AND WAKE UP EVERY 2 HOURS TO TAKE PAIN MEDICATION. IF THIS IS DEEMED FRAUD THEN THEY CAN PUT ME IN JAIL THEN AND ONLY THEN I MAY RECIEVE THE MEDICAL ATTION I NEED! THE PEOPLE IV'E MET WITH TRY TO USE SCARE TACTICS AND IT WON'T WORK ON ME. SEE YA IN CELL I MEAN JAIL IF I'M WRONG.

bigbrother Guest

Hey,
    Even though your in dire need right now do what I did in south dakota, go back to school and get student loans to help out and get a better carrer while your at it. also check out disability services and see what they can do to help wiyth the bils of paying for school. I have had two operations and still waiting for the morphine pump and going to school. they gave me all kinds of help from seating arrangments to letting me take special test for my disability, because some time the pain is so much I cant sit walk stand or even think(pay attention in class). My wife went back to school and will hopefully be a shrink soon so she even better herself. I know what some are thinking this is hurting my case because they look at education in the lawsuite but i made the descion that I cant wait for ever for them to give me money and take of me. I hope to be a teacher and hopefully they will understand my disability, because even tho i have been applying for jobs stiill while fighting my case, I get rejection letters all the time even tho I am more then qualified for these jobs which sucks . When the other side gets there case manager to say I can do this job and that job in my area is what they dont understand is that I will be getting less money and I have already applied there and got rejected.lol keep yor chin up and get lawyer because look at it this way they know what they are doing and probably will get more money for you because they do this all the time. When I didnt have a lawyer they offered me 15k and life time bennifits. with my lawyer so far they have offered me 42k and life time benefits which i rejected because I made that in one year. If I you really want to know what it is worth take your wage times it for an average of 11 years and divide it by 33% off the top and that what it would but we all know they will not pay that so take half and thats what I am sueing for. thanks and sorry for mistakes and so long. I am right on saying its about the money and future benny's for us and getting better. sure i can do some work but not for more then 15 min at a time and take a break then go back to work for 15 min and break tell me what job does that for tho.

Default Re: Partially Disabled But Ineligible For State Disability Benefits

You got that right - they say 'you are able to hold a job (any job even part time) - but, due to the fact that I can only do "up to 30 min. per hour"....who/what company would hire me? I know that I could have died or been paralyzed in my fall - now have 3 discs replaced and a 6" plate in my neck...what fun it is to try to maintain from the constant headaches, spasms, and neck and right jaw 'locking up'. Nerve blocks, cold laser, TENS, patches, and the amount of meds....it truly doesn't make sense - when all "they" have to do is basically nothing. chong