Nevada Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Nevada Workers

• Nevada Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Nevada Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

amanda Guest

Default Reopening A Workers Comp Case

Can A workers comp case be reopened?

knowknees Guest

Once its settled? What do you mean? Can you add injuries that you have accumulated since the work injury occurred further causing more damage to other body parts due to aggravation while still under care? Yes, UNLESS it was agreed upon and both parties agreed to the settlement. Might be a totally new injury and claim? But to simply re-open a case because a change of heart or being unhappy with the outcome after the settlement. I highly doubt it, or have I heard of it...Greg

undercovrangel Guest

It depends a lot upon the state that you are in and whether the case has been closed and if so, for how long.

In the state of Nevada, when a case is closed, most of the time, unless it is otherwise stipulated, you have lifetime reopening rights.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check with your state workers como board to get the correct answer to your question.

Angel ^i^

workcompgirl Guest

In CA an applicant or their representing attorney can petition to re-open a case. Most often the patient has to be re-evaluated by their last treating physician or a QME to detemrine if there is a need to re-open a case for additional treatment. Typically a case is only closed if there has been settlement or a long period of time without any medical treatment or activity.

dntmater Guest

i was told in nevada when you settle: medical has to be closed with lifetime rights to reopen

ann Guest

What about Wisconsin? Anyone know? Im going thru the same thing.I was MMI March of 2005 and because of my workouts, I did more (different) damage to the shoulder.I now need surgery for partial torn tendons and comp refuse to pay.

Smile Re: Reopening A Workers Comp Case

Quote Quoting undercovrangel View Post
    It depends a lot upon the state that you are in and whether the case has been closed and if so, for how long.

In the state of Nevada, when a case is closed, most of the time, unless it is otherwise stipulated, you have lifetime reopening rights.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check with your state workers como board to get the correct answer to your question.

Angel ^i^
    I've got a question? what if you settled a case say 7 yrs ago and need copys of the case I checked with the local office but they only told me they only keep them for 3 yrs. but didnot say to get older cases.

Default Re: Reopening A Workers Comp Case

Quote Quoting wallygtoo View Post
    I've got a question? what if you settled a case say 7 yrs ago and need copys of the case I checked with the local office but they only told me they only keep them for 3 yrs. but didnot say to get older cases.
    Oh yeah I'm in Las Vegas Nv.

Thumbs up Re: Reopening A Workers Comp Case

In Nevada one has lifetime reopening rights of one's work comp case. The applicable law is Nevada Revised Statutes 616C.390.
    I am a Nevada attorney who exclusively handles Nevada workman's compensation matters. My consultation is free. Also, I handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. Give me a call if you would like to discuss this matter. 702.384.1616.

David R. Fischer, Esq.
    www.ggrmlaw.com

PS: If you want to visit my Nevada work comp blog to post a question visit:

[url]http://nevadaworkcomplaw.blogspot.com