Have been receiving WC from an IC since 4/06 - date of injury. They did not perform surgery, but my doctor (who was approved by WC IC) says that the bone has NOT healed and am now using a bone stimulator and have a "clam shell" type brace. PT 3 times a week for passive range of motion, but have a 1 lb. weight restriction for right (dominant) arm. My questions are as follows:
1. IME doc said "no one allowed in exam room" except he had a "chaperone". He very obviously had his mind made up prior to my being there that nothing was wrong with me even though I can and my own doctor can feel motion at the fracture sight. He said my "treating" doctor would remain the same and he could not discuss anything about this visit with me and I would NOT be receiving a copy of his report. IS THIS NORMAL ??
2. I don't know what type of payments I am receiving (TTP - or whatever). It says on my checks "reimbursement-indemnity". HOW DO I KNOW WHAT I AM RECEIVING AND WHEN WILL THEY BE CUT OFF?
3. Can WC IC just stop sending checks without notifying you?
4. I had a blood clot in my left eye that was caused by the fall - had all kinds of tests showing the clot in pictures. 30 days later the same eye doctor (picked by IC) said that "it's gone" even though he was just looking at my eye with his naked eye. I have asked for a repeat test showing that it is in fact "gone" and no one has responded. I have made another appt for 8/22 on my own and told the docs office that it is a follow up visit. they should get authorization. CAN I EXPECT REPERCUSSIONS FOR THIS?
5. Is it up to my employer to see to it that vendors have the "right kind" of insurance to be doing business on their property? My injury was caused by a vendor on my employers property. My ex-attorney says the vendor does not have the right kind of insurance and dropped me like a hot rock - encouraging me to see another attorney asap. DOES THIS SOUND NORMAL?? or am I just supposed to suck it up and move along??
6. WHO, if anyone, pays for the IWs lost wages?
7. what comes after the IME? It seems no one tells the IW anything about what is supposed to happen.
Any answers will be greatly appreciated - one last question - how DO you get anyone to listen about the depression / anxiety attacks that come from being caught up in this mess? I've lost my car, credit, self-esteem, USE OF MY ARM, and become isolated and afraid to leave the house for fear of "falling again" and re-breaking my arm? We aren't supposed to be depressed or anxious??
PS - Home Health aides didn't show up this AM - when I called the company - insurance did not authorize - no one told me anything !!