New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New Jersey Workers

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Troy Guest

Talking Settlement Amount for Herniated Disc

I herniated a disc at work, went on workers comp for three months. I've been back to work 2 months and it's flared up again. Mild to moderate pain down my leg making construction work very difficult. Is it possible to get a settlement even if I dont get the surgery? Anyone have any idea how much I can get?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: herniated disc in new jersey

yes.
    impairment benefits are based on the extent of the permanent impairment.
    The more serious the diability the longer you will recieve impairment benefits.

Unregistered Guest

hey troy,i feel for you.i have been going through this mess for a year and 3 months now.i herniated a disk last year in oct.the system is so deceiving.just watch out for the so nice nurse that is willing to help you(not).i just settled my claim because it seemed like around every corner they had me even though i had the medical evidence to back it up.my advice to you is get a lawyer now and one that is not in the same town as the company you worked for .they all seem to stick together if you know what i mean.i had been a nurse for going on 17 years and now my career is over because of this.i did not have surgery but,went through 2 myelograms and 2 mri's ,a nerve conduction test and so much pain and i am still going thru it and guess it will become part of my every day life.i am not the one that will judge them,that is my only peace of mind is what comes around goes around.so you just hang in there and be very suspicous of everyone in the system that tries to be nice and don't sign anything.oh by the way they settled with me for 20,000 which is a drop in the bucket for my year of pain and no pay! god bless you!!

Any idea of what I can expect on a settlement for a herniated disc?
    I'm hurting every day. Very hard to work like this! I have been told by several people not to let anyone operate on my back because it only makes this condition worse. Anyone here got any advise on this subject?

Unregistered Guest

Just don't expect much!

I guess the system doesnt take care of people the way they should!

medicine is very "hit and miss" especially with complex medical problems involving the spine.

i know when i had a crushed c5 and c6 the only thing that helped my pain was demeral. and it only lasted a couple of hours. i too feel your pain good luck

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation Re: herniated disc in new jersey

Quote Quoting Troy View Post
    I herniated a disc at work, went on workers comp for three months. I've been back to work 2 months and it's flared up again. Mild to moderate pain down my leg making construction work very difficult. Is it possible to get a settlement even if I dont get the surgery? Anyone have any idea how much I can get?
    Get an attorney. If you settle sonner rather than later you'll settle for less, and remember if you don't involve future medical treatment and it gets worse get who is stuck with the bill, YOU!

Exclamation Re: herniated disc in new jersey

Hi Troy. A little bit about the surgery. I had to have the surgery because my nerve was crushed and the pain was so severe I could barely walk. If you can live with the pain my opinion would be to wait as long as you can if no nerves are being compromised. Get an MRI and if your nerves are safe stay away from the knife. I was left with major scar tissue at L/5,S/1 and am now in Chronic Pain. But at least now I can walk with a cane and get out a little bit. Best of luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!!