Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Wisconsin Workers

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distressed Guest

Unhappy Abandonment Issues

Can Anyone help me please. I have been on WC now for about 1.5 yrs. I have been under the directions of physicians all this time also. I have been on TTD and have not plateaued as yet. Have had 1 surgery. WC is fighting that surgery so the bill is still there. Problem is.. is that I need another surgery and the hospital will not approve until a portion of it has been paid. I cant, no funds coming in. And on top of everything else, been diagnosed with Bilateral CTS. I have other injuries from same work accident that I am being treated for. One of the injuries had been diagnosed (reported) after the date of initial injury that is why they are fighting it. All physicians agree, injuries are related to that injury date, of course, the IME does not agree (70 yr old "coot). He didn't even get out of his chair for the exam. I think WC hired him cause he's cheap and what does the old fart have to lose anyways, they can be paid enough probably to say anything. So, now its been awhile and WC isnt even paying any of my medical/prescriptions/mileage reimbursement/etc. etc... The second surgery has been postponed and no doctors are talking to me. They have called me in the past. I've written letters. Still have'nt heard anything as of yet. No physician reports are being written. Its like time standing still. I feel abandoned. How can they do this? Like I said, recently diagnosed with B. CTS, well, part of treatment was to have injections in both wrists while i was still on the surgical table, well now surgery has been postponed and no one has contacted me concerning this. I am at a loss, scared, in pain and seems nowhere to go. I dont want to become part of the psycho-therapy crap. I'm trying to hold it together.

Default Re: Abandonment Issues!

you can appeal denials to your states work comp board or commission. Treatment denied by work comp is often available under regular health benefits.

Distressed Guest

Unhappy Re: Abandonment Issues!

.SH,
    Thanks for reponding. However, the current issue I am concerned about the most right now is the abandonment issues I feel I have with my doctors. Is it in my head only? Could I be creating this myself because I don't feel particularily secure at all right now about my present situation? Am I missing something from the whole equation here possibly as to the reason? Any advise here?

Unregistered Guest

Why not contact a work comp attorney? Also, the DWD is there to help the emloyees, contact them.

The drs do have a right to be concerned. If your work comp insurance isnt going to pay your surgeries, who is going to pay them for the work they do on you?

I do understand your feelings of abandonment. Unfortunately, the world we live in now....has nothing for free. Everything has a price.

S H Guest

"abandonment issues" is a psychological term with strong emotional overtones. If you recognize and can identify that mental state they why avoid dealing with it thru the proper treatment area?. Avoiding the "psychotherapy crap" maybe why other solutions haven't worked.
    "trying to hold it together,"
    "scared"
    all indicators that emotional support is needed. If you are afraid of getting professional counseling why not talk to someone from your church or look for a support group.

Distressed Guest

S.H.
    The reason I already can relate to the terms you mentioned in your last answer to me is because I had come out of a bad marriage some years ago and had to seek help. I know how to recognize the "red lights" per say, doesn't mean I wish to be back in that boat again though. I can understand why the doctors would have concerns about how they're time was going to be paid since WC is fighting it, but they've known of this for quite some time now and have continued to see me, in fact, one even performed surgery in spite of WC fighting the injury. My main ? is why isn't the ortho.. filling out the report that my attorney had requested of him (2 or 3 x's) already? We need it for the WC hearing. Why isn't he doing this do ya think? He has too, right? I have been seeing him for almost 2 years. His report is the key for me if I'm to win my case because in previous dictated notes he finds where this injury is related to my work accident. thx

Unregistered Guest

No a doctor doesn't have to complete a report but they can be taken off the case for refusal to comply with comp regulations. Taking a deposition can usually get the infomation out of a reluctant doc.

Distressed Guest

I just dont understand why the doctor is acting so reluctant. I thought we had a good doctor/patient repour. What could be a reason for him to turn on me now? I just dont understand at all. I'm so confused.

Distressed Guest

I'm stumped, besides the deposition deal is there anything else that I could do? I have been with this ortho... now for almost 2 yrs, he has been my primary. If I was to change doctors now, I feel it would hurt my case. I've already had a second opinion, but it was one that he referred me for, not one of my choosing. Any ideas? THX

Distressed Guest

S.H.
    I'm stumped, besides the deposition deal is there anything else that I could do? I have been with this ortho... now for almost 2 yrs, he has been my primary. If I was to change doctors now, I feel it would hurt my case. I've already had a second opinion, but it was one that he referred me for, not one of my choosing. Any ideas? THX