Default Can WC Stop Payments

I was wondering if WC can stop my payments if they decide to do so. My case is long and confusing but I was re injured at work and it is a whole different injury that needs to be addressed my attorney has filed a petition to have it added but unfortunately my initial injury cannot be addressed until the new injury is fixed first. Yay WC blah

small Guest

Default Re: Can WC stop payments?

Yes, but they are subject to penalties without a legally justified reason.

Arrow Re: Can WC stop payments?

Hatrick, knowing you are in Pa. I can try to help you with the law here. The only way they can legally stop your payments is to file a petition for superceadeas with a Workers Comp Judge and request a hearing date. At that time they will try to convince the Judge that payment should be suspended until such time as these Issues are resolved. Can't remember if you have counsel or not but if you do He'll be able to help you along better than I can. But hold this in mind, very few times does a Pa. Judge take away your TTD, they understand people have to live. Hope this helps you relax some and don"t worry unless you recieve something like that in the mail. I received one a long time ago and it's a little scary to receive but you'll get through it. One other thing, when you win and they have to continue to pay, your attorney will start getting his 20% from your check every two weeks. Sorry to tell you that one!!

Thanks, yeah my attorney told me to wait for at least a week he has already filed 3 or petitions and penalties in the last 2 days. He said it will save me some money and judge wont think he is nuts hehe. Thanks

My lawyer contacted me regarding my check. It was a computer glitch in the system they dont know what happened. Me thinks I have read that excuse a few hundred times on this site.

Lightbulb Re: Can WC stop payments?

Yeah those darn 1937 Hewlett Packards they use sometimes gum up. But I'm glad as they say " The checks in the mail"! Have a Great and Pain Free day Hatrick!!