Washington Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Washington Workers

• Washington Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Washington Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Can I quit my temporary light duty job and still get my PPD?

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I could quit my Temporary Light Duty job and still collect my permanent partial disability award. The employer is making life hell working there since I've filed. I have had my IME, Dr's. concurrence, Voc. closing report. etc. the claims manager said she is waiting to see if the employer is going to offer the job as permanent, I know he wont offer a permanent position and he hasn't responded for a week to her request. If he doesnt offer permanent, the claims manager said she will have to start voc. services again.

So my question is the same if I quit this job, am I still able to receive my PPD award?
    Thanks.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Can I quit my temporary light duty job and still get my PPD?

no i would order a spy cam off a P.I website and record your employer making your life hell then file a lawsuit on them

small Guest

Yes. Permanent partial disabilities are based on the degree of your impairment, not on whether you are still working for the employer;
    Your impairment is permanent but the light work job is only temporary.

Thanks,

That's what I needed to know...I can not work there anymore, I have had surgery on my knee, and my other knee needs surgery now, since my accident, my other knee compensated for the knee that had surgery and it blew out. Worker's Comp will not do anything about the other knee since I did not report it as a work related injury, I felt the pain at home and went to the Dr. and told him I was walking and felt pain on my other knee, so since it did not happen at work, I'm responsible. I can deal with that, I just need to have the surgery on the other knee so I can heal and get back to a regular job. I've come to find out that Worker's Comp. does not care about the injured worker at all and am really frustrated with the whole system. I want out of it all, and get back to my normal life. Thanks to all who responded.

Bill.

Another note...still no reply from my employer if he will be hiring permanent, still at the same job, they are having me wash the boss's car, my temporary lite duty job was to be in the tool room assigning tools, now I'm washing the boss's cars, cleaning bird crap on the bldgs. etc. I don't know how they can get away with it, I have complained to my claims manager and dr. NOTHING. Some one help me..........................

Unregistered Guest

If it's within your restrictions it qualifies as lite duty

I agree to an extent it is within my work restrictions, I feel it is a tatic to get me to leave. I have worked hard all my life and earned the top of my pay scale, which is now $32.50 per hour, I can't help but feel degraded doing this, but will continue....question....how long should it take to pay out PPD after IME, DRS. CONCURRANCE, VOC CLOSING ?

Thanks.

Unregistered Guest

if you quit you will not get your weekly checks anymore

Unregistered Guest

I feel for you. But your in between a rock and a hard spot. Thousands of people would love to make your hourly pay. If I was in your shoes I'd just suck it up and do the job. Unless you have a plan and know where you can go to work making just as much. Nothing about workers comp is designed to benefit the worker.....

I started off in my early 20's as a labourer making 9 bucks an hour, it took me almost 30 years to make my pay rate, I feel fortunate but, if I cannot go back to my profession, which the dr. said I could never go back, I'm looking at 8 bucks an hour, that's what's killing me, I would love to get my disability award, have the surgery on the non covered knee, go through some physical therapy, and do what I know how to do, until I blow out my knees completly, certainly voc. services can't help me without a college degree, that's what they told me I could only learn enough to be paid way below my scale, it's also why I feel so bad doing what I'm doing now, I did that 30 years ago, I'd hoped I worked hard enough all those years to show for something. anyway, waiting on a PPD award, which probably will amout to 6 grand., which I hope would pay for surgery on my other knee. That's all I want, get the disability award, get surgery, get strong and get back to work. But they make it sooo difficult, I have been as honest as the day with my dr., claim manager, etc. and they still give me the run around, I have no trust in a system that doesn't help the injured worker, they could care less, am I know I'm not the only one, I feel for anyone who has to deal with a system not meant to help the injured, but the employer only.
    Bill