Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Benefits After MMI

When you reach MMI does your W.C. checks stop, or is it after you settly your case.

Default Re: Mmi

wage replacement checks stop.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    wage replacement checks stop.
    What happens if you can not get work because of your injuries?

Unregistered Guest

There may some additional disability if there is permanent impairment. Usually at the time of the MMI determination the doctor also gives an impairment rating or work restrictions. These will be used to determine the amount of any more disability and may be included with any settlement.

Work let me go, so do they still have to help me look for work? I will be permanent impaired, and will not be able to return to my same work in construction, so my doctor has stated. I do have a lawer but it seem that they to not like to, or have the time to, answer any questions.
    Thank you.
    Pain

What about insurance?

My new private insurance won't cover this relating injury or current health problems my family has.

Thank You
    Pain

I'm the type of person that always looks ahead, so I stated my question wrong, the question I had asked about the insurance would be just looking ahead. I like to know items before they happen.

Sorry
    Pain

rkanuru
    Give me a call to talk about this. I am unsure what you are trying to have your private insurance do and it seems like an issue we can resolve in 5 minutes over the phone.
    rkanuru..although I know you may be well intentioned, please refrain from soliciting personal contact from members. This violates our policy..see below

Notice to Workers and Employers
    Nothing in this website should be construed as legal opinion or advice. Consult an attorney for legal advice. Corresponding with "Workers' Compensation Insurance . com" does not create any form of confidential relationship, agency relationship, or attorney-client relationship.
    Making a false or fraudulent workers' compensation claim, or making s false statement for the purpose of obtaining or denying worker's compensation benefits, is a criminal offense.

Please take note of ..
    "Corresponding with "Workers' Compensation Insurance . com" does not create any form of confidential relationship, agency relationship, or attorney-client relationship."
    Also personal contact with members may violate attorney-client privileges and our spam policy
    Thanks..
    Tony
    Last edited by tony; 02-06-2007 at 10:16 AM.
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

hockeylaw@AOL.Com Guest

Default Mmi

In Illinois, when a doctor states that a person has reached what is known as 'MMI', it means that the doctor feels that the individual is not going to get any better. Some times a person reaching MMI makes 100% recovery. Other times a person reaching MMI makes less than 100% recovery. Not everyone gets 100% cured all the time.

In some instances an MMI determination might be made where additional treatment or procedures might help but the injured individual does not want to proceed with additional care and treatment. An example of this would be where the injured party does not want to have a surgical procedure that MIGHT help. In that case, although the individual might still get better with the procedure, the doctor decides that because the injured party exhibits no desire for additional treatment or care the individual has reached MMI.

If NO further care is available and the injured party reaches MMI, but there is some degree of disability that requires the employer to provide work with restrictions and none is provided or in some cases the employer has gone out of business, then TTD benefits are supposed to continue (this can be indefinitely). If additional care and treatment options are available, but the individual does not want to proceed with them, some insurers cut benefits off, attempting to justify cutting off benefits under the position that that continued disability is the employees choice, meanwhile starving out the employee to get him to the bargaining table. Many times this results in the case being forced to a hearing.

If an employee has been terminated from their employment for other reason, this is a whole other scenario.

If you have an attorney, sit down with them and discuss what is going on with your case and get his thoughts. Don't accept that the attorney is clueless as to why things are the way they are. You should not be waiting and starving with no direction. Having said that, there are sometimes where attorneys are clueless of why benefits are not being paid, when all the facts say they should. That's why immediate hearings exist. If the attorney can't convince you that his plan of action is the right way to go, consult with another attorney. Good Luck.

Hockeylaw, you help us laypepole more than you know and give us peace of mind.

In Appreciation
    Pain