Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: Scar Payment

ah Guest

I was injured a couple of months ago at work when I tripped over boxes left outside my office. I fell and sustained a facial laceration that required stitches. A panel physician put my stitches in. I have been back to him recently because a scar remains. He explained that it is unusual how it healed, but scar tissue remains underneath. The only possible way to correct it may be to send me to a plastic surgeon, have him open it up, clean it, and sew it back up again. I understand there is a one time scar payment in PA payable to an injured party that has a scar on their face. Am I obligated to see the plastic surgeon if I decide I don't want to have this opened up again? When and how do I go about receiving the scar payment benefit. It is not a large scar, but it is on my cheekbone area. How is the amount of the payment determined?

sh Guest

no
    workers comp is voluntary
    you can opt out any time
    http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/cwp...38&Q=63136#contact