Missouri Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Missouri Workers

• Missouri Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Missouri Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

donna Guest

I have just in the last couple of days had a workers comp issue come up. I was put off of work for a day and a half and I am told that unless I was off for three days I wouldn't get paid. I am uncertain is this correct?? Please help!

sh Guest

"Temporary total disability (TTD) is compensation for the time the doctor says you are unable to work because of the injury. You will not receive TTD benefits for the first three regularly scheduled workdays you are off unless you are off for a total of 14 or more calendar days. Those benefits are calculated at two-thirds of your average weekly wage not to exceed a maximum rate set by the legislature. Your average weekly wage is determined according to how your wages are fixed, whether by the week, by the month, by the year or by some other method, such as amount of sales. Temporary total disability benefits cease when the doctor says you are able to return to work. Although those wages are only two-thirds of your average wage, it is important to remember they are tax-free."
    http://www.dolir.state.mo.us/wc/faq_employees.htm

hurtatwork Guest

Donna - to answer your question "NO", however, if you should be required to miss additional days due to this injury and the days total 14 or more you will be paid for all days including the first day and a half that you asked about.