New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New Jersey Workers

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

doreen Guest

I work in a nursing home and I was hit by a resident,I was out of work for 8 days.I had to have xrays taking at my place of work for comp to pay for these xrays,,I was told there was nothing on these xrays and I only had a doctors note for the days out and those days were up,so I was told I had to come back.I went back the next day,I went to payroll and asked about getting paid by comp for the days I lost,I was told that she knew nothing about comp and had to find out by corp,I still dont know anything and this was a week ago.I don't know what to do or how to go about getting paid for being hurt on the job.Please Help! Thank You.

anonymous Guest

If an injured worker is disabled for a period of more than seven days, he or she will be eligible to receive temporary disability benefits at a rate of 70% their average weekly wage, not to exceed the maximum rate.
    You should consider contacting the insurance carrier directly or file a claim with the New Jersey Division of Workers Compensation (http://www.nj.gov/labor/wc/filing.htm#)
    Proof of insurance coverage should be displayed in a prominent location at the place of business. If this information is not posted, you can obtain this information by writing to the Compensation Rating & Inspection Bureau at 60 Park Place, Newark, NJ 07102 or by visiting their web site at www.njcrib.com.