New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New Jersey Workers

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Long Can Someone Collect W/C Benefits

In NJ how long can one collect? Can anyone ref a good w/c lawyer in south Jersey/vineland area.

Default Re: How long can someone collect w/c

400 weeks of TD is the maximum under New Jersey comp law.

Thumbs up Re: How long can someone collect w/c

You can collect TTD WC benefits in NJ till you reach MMI status. Yes I can refer u to the states leading expert in WC. as well as disability law just ask any judge if he is the best? However many sites prohibit posting of law firms so I will do so by direct contact send me a message requesting and I will forward to you

Bug

Quote Quoting michael1029 View Post
    In NJ how long can one collect? Can anyone ref a good w/c lawyer in south Jersey/vineland area.

Default Re: How long can someone collect w/c

Quote Quoting bugmann View Post
    You can collect TTD WC benefits in NJ till you reach MMI status. Yes I can refer u to the states leading expert in WC. as well as disability law just ask any judge if he is the best? However many sites prohibit posting of law firms so I will do so by direct contact send me a message requesting and I will forward to you

Bug
    DO NOT send this guy a message. You have to be on the Insurance company's side.

First off any Lawyer Sir will tell you the first time you meet with him that the law provides for up to 400 weeks of TTD benefits, if your situation warrants.

His throwing around of Acronyms and acting like an expert is meant to dupe you my friend. I am a Law School graduate however I do not practice in this state or any other for that matter and would not represent you, however there are many qualified attornies who can provide guidance with your claim.

Most certainly do not send a Message to MR ... I throw around Acronyms and tell everyone how to treat and how it works .. ROFL

Oh and I assure you, if you wish to send me an email, I will direct you to someone who can properly handle your matter. If you choose NOT to send me an email, just as good , because it's your body and your life.

But don't fall prey to the myriads of people who want to tell everyone else "HOW" it works.
    Last edited by BuddyK; 08-11-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: How Long Can Someone Collect W/C Benefits

Hey Bug .. just so I know... because I already know you're either an adjuster or Counsel for .. let me guess .. I don't know maybe "Manufacturers?"

So who exactly is the LEADING EXPERT or all knowing Confucious of NJ Workers Comp Law...

ROFL as if any basic attorney isn't qualified in MOST .. and yes I stress MOST cases to handle assisting a client with a WC case ...

You're a piece of work .. What are you soliciting? For your all knowing WC Master expert .. ROFL ..

BuddyK..chill out, you're getting a tad carried away. If someone wants to p.m bug, that's their right, he's not soliciting personal info, (like e-mail or phone contacts) so he's within forum rules
    Personal attacks and flaming isn't allowed in this forum, any more posts like this will be edited or deleted.
    Take care
    Tony
    Last edited by tony; 08-12-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

BUDDYK

For a person to "claim" the education of a Law Grad I would expect something more eloquent than a few wild guesses about why one would frequent a HELP site such as this WC board.

The ones here who I have had direct contact with know that I have been a blue collar worker all my life, and experienced my 1st work injury in NJ. So that much we know, you don't know, as I am neither an adjuster nor connected to any insurance co. or manufacturer, I was once an injured worker with a vicious employer, who used the WC system as a weapon!!

While going through the system as a first time injured worker many things come into the injured workers mind and along with ones health, future, and career possibly all on the line,its easy to see the very fine line that separates sane from insane. I only wished I knew of this site then, because I believe many hard aches could have been avoided had I had some clue as to what to expect from my 1st WC experience. I may not have found someone who has been a dedicated WC advocate for years, but someone who has been there understands the needs. After my case had concluded, and years past by I wanted to understand how it is possible for non-examining DRs to change the work status of a claimant who was just examined and put on NO WORK status, by this groups WC Dr's. How it is lawful to terminate employment while in PT.,12 weeks after the work injury? Why all avenues of care are not considered when complicated medical issues arise. These issues personally effected my WC experience and I know I am not the only one!!! That is why I am here today. I was nieve in believing that all WC was here to benefit an injured worker. Unfortunately it can be a double edged sword.

Unlike you most are here to offer help or get some help or information. It appears that you are the only one "duped" if I may use your term. However for a Law Grad to assume I am of counsel of any law field is flattering, considering I have been a blue collar worker all my life.Everything I know about NJWC is from experience and in depth research. I guess I must have been paying attention to my case to recall so much, or I read much and discuss it with other claimants?? Your statement " First off any Lawyer Sir will tell you the first time you meet with him that the law provides for up to 400 weeks of TTD benefits, if your situation warrants."

is completely incorrect. I actually think its one of last things told or asked? Because most injured workers want to get back on their feet ASAP to resume the life they had before the injury. I would be cautious of any lawyer who as you stated the first time lawyer and claimant meet.

Your claims of being law educated could be helpful here if you just applied your knowledge of facts, as they apply to ones situation. I am not law educated, but have had the full experience of NJWC. I continue to learn with each and every case. I read state rules. I must agree in part with one statement that any lawyer can handle a "simple" work injury case, because in these situations the claimant them self could!!!! However not all work injury cases are simple. I strongly suggest a WC/SS expert for the complicated injuries at work, not just someone who has passed the BAR and hangs a sign on the wall "WE DO WORK COMP"

Back to the original post I had provided Michael1029 with the "GODFATHER" of WC months ago. You know the lawyer who gets the calls from other lawyers on complicated WC cases. As in the case with many professional experts. Considering we have not heard back from Michael1029 I cant be sure if he also is a believer, or if his situation was already in his best light? The reason I don't post any experts name is then every ambulance chaser may do same, claiming they are KING. The other boards I frequent it is against the rules, so I just made it my standing policy not to do so, but after a deep discussion with some claimants the GODFATHER may need a call, and that is when I share this information. I am not here to prove anything but in the right place at the right time for someone else getting ready to make the same mistake I made years ago.

I like to give all the benefit of doubt until I am sure it is unwarranted. You may be having a bad day. We all have them. The only thing I may be soliciting is if I knew what I know today, back when I was hurt at work, chances are better I wouldn't be here, on this board today, as I would be working my career which was destroyed due to injury and unscrupulous employers using the system, as a weapon.

I do find your statement here a little offensive " What are you soliciting? For your all knowing WC Master expert .. ROFL .. "

For all my WC knowledge I get a lifetime of permanent disability which is chronic and very painful!!! So if you find the need to "ROFL" because I may spare even 1 injured worker the experiences I had, by telling it like it is, maybe you are on the wrong board?? Sometimes the golden rule of "If you dont have something nice or constructive to say maybe its best left unsaid" applies??

But there is something good to everything even your derogatory statement(s), which are your opinion, and I respect that. Anyway in your 1st post you wrote "attornies " and considering your claim of a Law Graduate you may want to know the correct spelling is attorneys. That is the kind of technical thing one learns in Law School, not the complicated ins and outs of a difficult work injury case.

We can just hope that you never find yourself in a compromised position as so many injured workers find themselves in today.

BUG

Very well put BUG!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input on my questions!!!!

Smile Re: How Long Can Someone Collect W/C Benefits

Dear Waterman, Thank you, and I hope my input to your question was helpful, as we know how hard it is to get a direct answer to a direct question even from our own lawyers???

Hope your day is low on pain and full of kindness.

BUGMANN

Quote Quoting waterman View Post
    Very well put BUG!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input on my questions!!!!

Hmmm someone who claims to have been "Screwed By the system" who in the same breath likes to speak about the great privilege one obtains in NEW JERSEY by being injured at work and being forced by LAW to see only their doctors until a ridiculous pattern of cat and mouse?

Someting is rotten in Denmark, and I ask for a gentle pardon for my Monkey Mistake.

The Plural of MONKEY is monkeys. Seems to me a person who was dead set against the system that "stuck it to them" wouldn't be so quick to judge and start using words like "privileged".

Oh and I don't need to claim anything. I don't know why you would want it because you obviously have everything figured out on your own . Considering you yourself never took the time to attend law school, how do you know the "God Vatta" actually gets calls from other barristers? I assume you were in the office when the calls came in?

I got out in '98 and have never filed so much as a complaint, and I call people all the time does that mean I consider them all to be 'experts'?

Most attorneys take WC files because they pay something of course but they are far from their favorite cases and it has nothing to do with expertise or lack of knowledge of the ins and outs of the extraordinarily complex that a common graduate could ever possibly comprehend.

It has to do with the cap on recovery. WC in New Jersey is a battle of doctors. The Lawyer's only there to file the proper paperwork at the proper time and it doesn't hurt if he or she is somebody who has a good rapport with the Local WC judges. Other than that, hate to break it to you, it's not the most complicated area or intricate area of practice.

No need for a god vatta <g>