Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCE Test Again

Exclamation Re: FCE test again!!

Quote Quoting JuliusErving View Post
    Well the morning of my FCE test my back symptons flaired up, so they cancelled my test. My butt and leg pain was terrible. They kept me on light duty as of today, but they may put me on Work Comp in a few days. I will see an attorney in the morning and will discuss many issues with him.
    Julius,

Be very careful, I just got my results back and the examiner lied through his teeth. It seems that the i/c wanted to settle with me resigning from my position. On tests that he told me to stop because he thought I was hurting myself he put down I was self limiting. At the end he put down I walked out just as I came in, b.s. he had to walk me holding my arm to my husband! He put down that I wasn't bending properly and since I had no reported knee problems that I was limiting myself, I had lower back surgery with constant pain in left leg and some in my right you use those muscles in both legs to operate your knee! So my dr. went and put me on light duty which at my work is none and only standing and walking!! So if you been on light duty they might want you to retake the test to show that you cannot perform your job and might try and force you to settle so I hope you did get in contact with your lawyer and believe me he is worth every cent you may have to pay him because w/c is the slimmiest of the slime.

Nipper

Default Re: FCE Test Again

How conclusive are these test. I could probably lift 50 lbs, once but could never do it on a regular basis. I could probably walk up 1 flight up stairs, but the second one would be difficult, if not impossible. I could probably bend or squat once or twice, but never as a regular activity. Also, all this being said, we all have good days and bad days and any one of these activities, even attempted one time could be disastorous. Is it possible for this testing to take this all in consideration? I remember years ago my wife taking one of these test for social security disability and she was in tears for hours and in excruciating pain for weeks afterwards. She was awarded disability,but what a hell of a price to pay.

RGN020157

I do not belive that this testing takes those things into consideration.

Smile Re: FCE Test Again

They tried the same thing with me. I have high numbers, and subsequently a high settlement demand amount. The treating physician has said I've reached mmi, and was refusing to see me again even though I was in pain and loosing function in my injured limb. Suddenly, I was getting calls from w/c stating that I should go back to the doctor and get prepared to take another FCE. You can be sure that if you take another test, w/c will send you to a doctor that will come up wit a number more favorable to them!

If you don't have an attorney, get one immediately and tell w/c to call him/her and to not contact you directly any more. They may very well be recording you, so keep your conversations with them very short. Simply say, "You'll have to talk to my attorney about that" and then hang up!

Quote Quoting RGN020157 View Post
    How conclusive are these test. I could probably lift 50 lbs, once but could never do it on a regular basis. I could probably walk up 1 flight up stairs, but the second one would be difficult, if not impossible. I could probably bend or squat once or twice, but never as a regular activity. Also, all this being said, we all have good days and bad days and any one of these activities, even attempted one time could be disastorous. Is it possible for this testing to take this all in consideration? I remember years ago my wife taking one of these test for social security disability and she was in tears for hours and in excruciating pain for weeks afterwards. She was awarded disability,but what a hell of a price to pay.
    They aren't it is just for in a w/c case for the i/c to discredit you. I feel very sorry for your wife and know just how she felt, but at least her examiner didn't out and out lie. This is done in a very sneaky, very bias way. They tallk to you through out the exam and let you rest after each task and make you feel like they care that you do not hurt yourself then putdown you didn't finish the task which is sometimes 5 + mins. long. If I am ever in my life asked again I will not take one of these.

Ps. i/c got their way I just settled for far less than what I should have, I just could not take it any longer.

Nipper

I don't understand everyone's issue with the fce test.I took mine earlier this week.It only lasted at most a hour and a half.My heart rate was 70-80 bpm as I sat and waited for it to begin.Then when the therapist started my heart rate was between 95-120 bpm.Every time he increased the weight I had to pick up my heart rate jumped.I would start to sweat and grunt he would say I'm gonna stop you right there.My injury is in the right shoulder,I did tile work unfortunately I can now only do light -medium duty jobs.I went to novacare and had my done.My physical therapist ordered for it to be done.He said neither the doctor nor the case manager nurse was going to have it done.I was sore the next couple of days afterwards also from the squats and the stairs I climb.

re-read Nipper's post- they stop you and act like they are doing this in your favor, and then they use it against you for i/c 's benefit and say you did not try or push yourself.....

Quote Quoting 4everscarred View Post
    I don't understand everyone's issue with the fce test.I took mine earlier this week.It only lasted at most a hour and a half.My heart rate was 70-80 bpm as I sat and waited for it to begin.Then when the therapist started my heart rate was between 95-120 bpm.Every time he increased the weight I had to pick up my heart rate jumped.I would start to sweat and grunt he would say I'm gonna stop you right there.My injury is in the right shoulder,I did tile work unfortunately I can now only do light -medium duty jobs.I went to novacare and had my done.My physical therapist ordered for it to be done.He said neither the doctor nor the case manager nurse was going to have it done.I was sore the next couple of days afterwards also from the squats and the stairs I climb.

Let me know how his report sounds after he finish writing it. I received mine from my doctor, nice guy was he? They go by what is called of you to do in your job, so I had lifting, turning, squatting, walking, crawling stairs pushing and pulling a cart with weights on it, ladders going up and down, stairs, balance beam on the floor, and pressure measurments, stand on one leg at a time, etc. I was a shift supervisor and when the mgr wasn't there I would have to run a store by myself with only 1 other person, bring in the weekly pallets from truck day break it down, put merchandise up run from the front end to pharmacy for all overides or problems, planograms, etc. So they returned me to light duty, well there is no light duty and I lost my job, in Pa. they can do that to you for no reason at all. And the examiner lied, yeah I saw my blood pressure go up and up but I also take blood pressure meds., and have my pressure very controlled.

I really hope you did have a honest one. And the best of luck I really mean that.!

Nipper