Default Review in 5-7 years

When I was approved for SSD last year my letter said I would be reviewed in 5-7 years. Has anyone been reviewed already in the same 5-7 year time frame and if so what kind of questions do they ask. If I had surgery last year a few months after I was approved for SSD will they ask about it 7 years later?Also am I allowed to work 12 hours per week earning about 125.00 per week. I had 2 back surgeries the latest a 2 level anterior/posterior fusion with instrumentation. If I work 12 hours per week and earn 500-600 per months does that disqualify me for SSD? When you get the review letter what kind of questions do they ask? Do they ask if you have seen a doctor in the past 7 years or is it a shorter time period? Does everyone see a doctor on a regular basis if your surgeon releases you from care and says your at mmi? Thanks.

Default Re: Review in 5-7 years

Quote Quoting maw19531 View Post
    When I was approved for SSD last year my letter said I would be reviewed in 5-7 years. Has anyone been reviewed already in the same 5-7 year time frame and if so what kind of questions do they ask. If I had surgery last year a few months after I was approved for SSD will they ask about it 7 years later?Also am I allowed to work 12 hours per week earning about 125.00 per week. I had 2 back surgeries the latest a 2 level anterior/posterior fusion with instrumentation. If I work 12 hours per week and earn 500-600 per months does that disqualify me for SSD? When you get the review letter what kind of questions do they ask? Do they ask if you have seen a doctor in the past 7 years or is it a shorter time period? Does everyone see a doctor on a regular basis if your surgeon releases you from care and says your at mmi? Thanks.
    My wife undergoes a review every 3 years.. Under SSDI Your SGA (Substantial Gainful Activity) cannot exceed $900 in 2007. After that they start deducting 1 dollar for every 3 you make over the $900. If you are making $5-600 a month you should be okay. They will review your medical recors to see if you are continuing treatment for your condition.. I have to see mine every months to 6 weeks..

Default Re: Review in 5-7 years

Maw,

I can not answer your question concerning the review as we haven't gotten there yet. As far as your earnings it is my understanding that on SSDI, but not SSI, you can work and earn no more than $640/mo in 2007 regardless of how many hours you work. Here's the link for the information I am referring to;

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/twp.html

As you can see the trial work period is considered part of the 9 months of a 60 month rolling calander when you go over the formulated amount, currently $640/mo. Given that you said you make $500-600/mo you should be okay but please if these links leave any doubt in your mind go to the source, SSA, and ask just to be sure.

Also I want to add that I am somewhat confused on the Substantial Gainful Activity or SGA;

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/SGA.html

The $900/mo I believe is looked at while you are waiting to get approved. Again I am not fully certain as the door is left just a crack open, ie: in reading this one way it appears that you are allowed to work and earn up to $900/mo before or after approval however, when you read further on the TWP the amount is $640/mo and the 9mo/5yr calander is discussed. This is what causes the confussion for me .

Either way I believe it would be prudent to contact SSA and have them clarify not only the amounts but the reporting requirements, if any, as well.

Hope you had a wonderful Holy Day weekend. God Bless.