Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Kentucky Workers

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Kentucky Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: Pay Percentage

Default Pay Percentage

Hello

I'm in Kentucky and I here everyone say we get 66% of are pay, But I don't get that much. Its less then 66%. Is there a cut off to the amount they pay.
    Please let me know if anyone has heard of that.

Thanks

Default Re: pay %

If you've been termed as partially disabled, or returned to work with restrictions, then they pay you a percentage based on your earning capacity.

Yes.
    there is a maximum and a minimum based on your date of injury.
    It's based on the states average weekly wage and changes regularly.
    the schedule is here
    http://www.labor.ky.gov/workersclaims/publications/

Quote Quoting only5zs View Post
    Hello

I'm in Kentucky and I here everyone say we get 66% of are pay, But I don't get that much. Its less then 66%. Is there a cut off to the amount they pay.
    Please let me know if anyone has heard of that.

Thanks
    Wage benefits are 66% of a workers average wage at Time of injury. They calculate your average Wage over a 52 Week pay period. If you are paid Bi-Weekly then they take the average from 26 pay periods. monthly then 12 Pay periods etc...
    The latest statement for the Year 2007 is $646.47 maximum and $129.29 minimum. This means if your average wage is under $129.29 then you will receive the minimum amount, it can't go any lower. If your average salary is well above $646.47 then you will only receive $646.47 maximum.
    If your sallary is between the minimum and maximum then you should be receiving 66% of your average wage. They will always low Ball it but it shouldn't be more than 1-2% less. If it's more then you need to contact your W/C insurance Co and tell them, it might just be an honest mistake. If it's a big gap and they give you a hard time over it, then it might just be Time for you to talk to a lawyer.
    Also, if this has been going on for a while then you should look into filing a complaint under the Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act (UCSPA). This act requires claims to be handled promptly, and benefits to be paid when liability is clear. I'm not sure if this applies to under payment of benefits but a good lawyer will know for sure.
    I hope this helps
    Last edited by kentuckyranger; 04-24-2007 at 02:13 PM.