Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Are Temporary Total Disability Payments Figured

How is temporary total payments figured? Is it like half of your normal weekly pay? Mine used to be $220 a week and my pay at work was like $420 a week so I assumed it was just half. Was it coincedence or is that how it works?Thanks

Default Re: tt

Most states figure it on 2/3 or 66 2/3% of your average weekly wage prior to the injury. Most states also have a max and min amount payable. What state are you in?
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

Default Re: How Are Temporary Total Disability Payments Figured

$220 a week is the minimum. If they could pay you less legally, they would. And the 2/3 of your weekly wage is not figured weekly, they take the amount of money you made in the last year, divide by 52 and that's what you get 2/3 of. Sucks if you only worked six months out of the last year that you were injured!

baloney fatima.
    workers' comp rules are different for each state.
    no one can answer tyjomcm's question specifically unless or until they know the state.
    Your answer maybe correct in your state but we don't if it's the same one.

Quote Quoting fatima View Post
    $220 a week is the minimum. If they could pay you less legally, they would. And the 2/3 of your weekly wage is not figured weekly, they take the amount of money you made in the last year, divide by 52 and that's what you get 2/3 of. Sucks if you only worked six months out of the last year that you were injured!
    this was how mine wages were figured in ohio.

$220 has never been a minimum in ohio.
    https://www.ohiobwc.com/worker/forms...xtCID=74769871

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    $220 has never been a minimum in ohio.
    https://www.ohiobwc.com/worker/forms...xtCID=74769871
    Well, then here's another fine example of being lied to, since I live in Ohio and my husband was told that this was the minimum, and was more than what the 2/3's worked out to. Yep, right there it is, under Compensation rates in the above link under TT min. for the year 2004, $220. 67. How again was 220 never a minimum in Ohio?
    Last edited by fatima; 07-18-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: forgot to add something from the link.

In Massachusetts it's only 60% of gross pay. We are in one of the most expensive states in the country in which to live, are liberal as hell and always wanting to spend money on every social program imaginable, but with WC they are miserly and nobody around here gives a damn.

Lightbulb Re: How Are Temporary Total Disability Payments Figured

In Pa. they take the highest three of your last four quarters, add them together, and divide by 3, and then by 4.3 (For weeks). They then pay you 66 2/3% of that. They don't use four quarters here, they use your highest three of the last four. We would need your State to give you an actual figure calculation.

sh, if you look at and read what i posted above you, you will see i was agreeing with the 2/3. that is what i meant by mine was figured that way. in Ohio you get 2/3. but they get you down the road, if later you go down due to old injury, the will pay old rate. ie; my current injury is due to 1990 injury, i get 1990 wage average, which is a far cry from what i was making in 2004. if you have a life changing injury, and return to work, and go down again and it due to old injury, they pay on the old claim. yes in Ohio it is 2/3 of average wage. they take yearly total, divide by 52, and you get 2/3 of that. it sucks too, if you are like i was then, a seasonal worker. they will find away to calculate it at a lower wage average some how. we all know very few people really work 52 weeks a year. your real average is higher than they say, you in the real world have holidays,vacation,and other times not working. most workers only really work average of 49 weeks a year. and i know i will stand to be corrected here. just be grateful you get anything at all ,i have been told, also they will tell you you are getting a good deal, after all there is no tax's, i was told. good luck, take care of yourself, my prayers are with all injured workers.