North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured North Carolina Workers

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Settlement Amount For Rotator Cuff Injury

Wht iz a ok settle fro a rotery cuff njury? It needed to fix but still not fixed doc just draggin feet and keepin me on hold for mostly 4 monts now. Says MRI says it is tore and needs to fix it but hasn't fix it. Can I settle it and then get it fix after settleing with insurance? This is gettin me too in a big way. Can't sleep worth a hoot and can't get rested. Some nites a little sleep comes than up again walting floors with pain. How long do they take to fix it usually? Has nebody had to wait for months to get shoulder fix? Why do they take so long? Okey it is rely late and I need to go down and rest maybe get a sleep for while. Will check tomoorrow for nswer maybe POR can tell me why so long you are the docotor no? Why should I hert lke this for months now and no fix it? Are you in N Carol doc POR? Mabe you can tell my doc to fix it for me no? Mabye you can call tomorrow and tell them to fx me up and get me beter. You are a good doc man to giv us free help POR.

Nite

BS
    For many problems there is often a clean, simple solution that usually does not work.

Default Re: Settle help

Get a second opinion or change doctors.
    Put your request in writing to the carrier.

BlueSkies, have you hired an attorney to represent you with your WC case? If not you need to do so immediately. If you already have an attorney you might want to consider finding a different one that represents your interests.

What are you talking about settlements for when you have only been off work due to your injury for a relatively short time? You do know that if you settle your WC case and don't keep medical open you will be stuck with the bill for any further treatment up to and including surgery. Be very very careful with that.

Hope you get some pain relief and help soon.

Take Care,

Steel
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

BlueSkies, you need legal help at this point. If your claim is accepted and the doc says you need treatment, then the Industrial Commission will make them provide it if you push the right buttons down there. Get a good work comp lawyer to fight this battle for you.

It takes 6 months to a year to recover from rotator cuff surgery to the point that you can return to work. If you are lucky. Some folks never get much better.

Settling now will be economic suicide for you. The better plan is to make that insurance company take care of you. That is why you need a good lawyer.

Good luck.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law