Indiana Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Indiana Workers

• Indiana Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Indiana Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default What Settlement To Expect With a 13% Whole Body Impairment Rating

Hello,
    What can I expect from my employers insurance company? My doctor issued a 13% whole body impairment rating. Doesnt sound like much for a back injury.
    My permanent restrictions are 10lbs lift, limited twisting and bending
    I am a 34 years old and live in the state of Indiana.
    Thank you,
    nopaybob

Default Re: What can I expect with a 13% whole body impairment rating

nopaybob, In part it will depend on WHEN you were injured. I cut and pasted the following information from Indiana state WC web site and gave the the web pointer to follow up with. If you are unrepresented and are at the settlement phase you would be well advised to seek legal council before entering into a final settlement. There are many things to consider besides just the % of PPD. Future meds is just one of them.

Take Care,

Steel

http://www.state.in.us/legislative/i...2/ar3/ch3.html

(8) With respect to injuries occurring on and after July 1, 2001, and before July 1, 2007, for each degree of permanent impairment from one (1) to ten (10), one thousand three hundred dollars ($1,300) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from eleven (11) to thirty-five (35), one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from thirty-six (36) to fifty (50), two thousand four hundred dollars ($2,400) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment above fifty (50), three thousand dollars ($3,000) per degree.
    (9) With respect to injuries occurring on and after July 1, 2007, and before July 1, 2008, for each degree of permanent impairment from one (1) to ten (10), one thousand three hundred forty dollars ($1,340) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from eleven (11) to thirty-five (35), one

thousand five hundred forty-five dollars ($1,545) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from thirty-six (36) to fifty (50), two thousand four hundred seventy-five dollars ($2,475) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment above fifty (50), three thousand one hundred fifty dollars ($3,150) per degree.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

Thank you, I will be looking for a "reliable" indiana lawyer at least for consultation.

Quote Quoting SteelMagnolia View Post
    nopaybob, In part it will depend on WHEN you were injured. I cut and pasted the following information from Indiana state WC web site and gave the the web pointer to follow up with. If you are unrepresented and are at the settlement phase you would be well advised to seek legal council before entering into a final settlement. There are many things to consider besides just the % of PPD. Future meds is just one of them.

Take Care,

Steel

http://www.state.in.us/legislative/i...2/ar3/ch3.html

(8) With respect to injuries occurring on and after July 1, 2001, and before July 1, 2007, for each degree of permanent impairment from one (1) to ten (10), one thousand three hundred dollars ($1,300) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from eleven (11) to thirty-five (35), one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from thirty-six (36) to fifty (50), two thousand four hundred dollars ($2,400) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment above fifty (50), three thousand dollars ($3,000) per degree.
    (9) With respect to injuries occurring on and after July 1, 2007, and before July 1, 2008, for each degree of permanent impairment from one (1) to ten (10), one thousand three hundred forty dollars ($1,340) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from eleven (11) to thirty-five (35), one

thousand five hundred forty-five dollars ($1,545) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment from thirty-six (36) to fifty (50), two thousand four hundred seventy-five dollars ($2,475) per degree; for each degree of permanent impairment above fifty (50), three thousand one hundred fifty dollars ($3,150) per degree.
    IS this whole body numbers?