I'm in NH and my situation seems to be a little different than what im seeing here ..
i was hurt at work a little over a year ago now .. i was diagnosed with DeQuervain's Syndrome and carpal tunnel from the repetitiveness of my job ..
the company i work for had a policy in place that you could not work for more than 90 days on a restricted order .. so in oct of last year, i was put out on full disability
the surgeon i was seeing scheduled me for surgery on my wrist after two cortisone shots didnt help any .. in the meantime i was scheduled for an ime and the worker's comp doc fully argeed with mine at the time ..
in dec i went in for the release on my wrist and a cortisone shot for the carpal tunnel at the same time .. the wrist has improved some but as before, the cortisone has done nothing to relieve the carpal symptoms ...
eventually, in may of this year, my doctor upped my restrictions from a 2 pound weight limit to 15 and oddly enough did not restrict the repetitive movements, even though as i stated i still have the carpal tunnel issues and in my paperwork he is considering a possible release on that also in the near future .. and suddenly my employer had work for me .. stating that they changed the 'rules' about limited duty
after going thru a little trouble with all that i have now been back at work since june first ..
since being back, in the same position i held before my injury, i can pretty much get thru half a shift before my thumb and area below it swells up and i have numbing pain thru my wrist .. i have tried ice, ibuprofen ect to try and keep the symptoms at bay until still over two months later they are still happening ..
i was sent yet again for another ime to see the progress and to get another report from their doctor .. when i saw him, he did a full exam, asked me tons of questions, of course .. and then stated at the end of the meeting that it was obvious there was still something going on, although he wasnt allowed to tell me much more than that .. he did stress to me to point out a few things to my doctor, who i called after seeing him and made an appt for to discuss not only that, but also the fact that i was still in pain, still swelling ect ..
i met with my doctor yesterday ... he examined my hand briefly, which was obviously swollen and then went on to tell me it was probably unrelated and he would give me something else to control the swelling .. which left me mystified because it is the same area that was swollen before surgery .. he also went on to take off my weight limit restrictions as well .. -although, he says right beforehand that if this continues, he may have to put me on permanent restrictions ... makes sense .. not at all -
now this is MY dotor telling me that i can return to full duty when THEIR doctor is stating that there is STILL something obviously going on ..
i have retained a lawyer and went to see him after this appointment and he was as stunned by this as i was, stating that even he could see the obvious swelling of the area at a glance .. and that it didnt make sense to him at all ..
he says now the only thing we can do is wait for the comp doctor's report to come back and when it is different from my surgeons, he will send me for a second opinion ..
im unsure of what to do regarding work now at this point .. i understand that with the doctor clearing my weight limit, even though it states possible release in the near future for the carpal tunnel, that i have to go by what he says .. yet, im in pain every night i work .. and am afraid of reinjuring myself .. -this wasnt a 'fun' thing to go thru in the first place-
yet, i dont want to refuse work because frankly i not only need the money, i dont want it come back to look badly on me even though i feel i have a legitimate claim with all thats going on ..
how unusual is this that the comp doc would say something in my favor when my own is not .. and is there anything i can do about it besides just wait and hope not to reinjury myself ..
thanks for any advice you can give me