Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Calculating a Settlement Figure

I have been on WC since 2005. I have had a laminectomy and also a 3 level back fusion. At this point I am still in constant pain. The ins company is asking to settle but I have to come up with the figure. How do I calculate an acceptable figure? Do I base it off of income lost in the last 2 years based off of my ending salary vs. the WC income plus estimated lost wages for the next (how many?) years. Per my doctor, there is not another surgery or treatment that will improve me. I just don't know how to calculate a figure to offer them. Also, I have been told that PA worker's comp does not cover or pay for vocational rehab. Is this accurate? My doctor has recommended it on every report he has done since I will never be able to go back to the type of work I did before the injury.

Lightbulb Re: Settlement Question

In all Honesty, whatever figure you arrive at, unless it is very small, they are not going to accept it. They are "Fishing" to find out what you think your case is worth. Shoot for the Stars, because the Low ball figure figure you get in return is only going to madden you! If they answer you at all! I would suggest starting at 1 Million Dollars, tell them that won't even cover the Pain you feel daily, and go from there. I'm Totally Disabled at 45, and my Left Leg is starting to go now. At this point until my Dr. gets off of Vacation I'm Homebound. What figure is that worth! There isn't enough Money Made to make up for the way my Life has been tossed and turned, and the Pain I feel! I Hope they look at your case and treat you with the Respect you deserve, but from my experience, I'm saddened to say they won't! Best Of Luck!!

Default Re: Settlement Question

Scar - Your leg giving out ? My left leg is so much weaker than my right . Does this mean my leg will go also ? I stumble and almost fall because of it.
    I can't walk on my heal my left foot stays flat. Just curious how this works. Semms like its getting weaker and weaker.

Spyder -- scar is right , start high...I wouldn't settle unless it was a couple Hundred thousand.

Lightbulb Re: Settlement Question

Wally everyone's injuries are different, I couldn't answer that question in good faith, I don't know. You may want to check with your current Dr. if you are having stumbling issues, and I Hope everything goes well!!