Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reach maximum treatment how long to settle

Reach maximum treatment for back injury. Told attorney would like to settle
    case, my question is how long does it usally take for workmans comp to settle a case? So far it has been two months from the date I spoke to attorney. Attorney keeps telling me he is waiting for workerscomp to call him. Is this normal for an ending case? I live in Illinois.

Default Re: reach maximum treatment how long to settle

Hello Half
    you need to tell everyone your status. Are you 100% ok or like your screen name Half Dead. Will you need to see a Doc.the rest of your life, Meds,Voc rehab are you back to work. All of this info is needed to try to come up with some kind of answer for you.

Best of luck
    CR

Quote Quoting crghast View Post
    Hello Half
    you need to tell everyone your status. Are you 100% ok or like your screen name Half Dead. Will you need to see a Doc.the rest of your life, Meds,Voc rehab are you back to work. All of this info is needed to try to come up with some kind of answer for you.

Best of luck
    CR
    Hello thanks for responding. Well I was recommended to get a fusion but I denied. Now on social security. I am not going back to work anytime soon. I live everyday with the pain taking medication.

Well Half
    I am not sure I could help with your situation, but their are many in this group who Im sure can. how old are you, I know a fusion is radicule but I have a friend that has had this done and he is doing well, other than his range of motion has been reduced and they say this puts undue preasure on the disk above and below the fusion. also I would think future medical, if you can get it, would be something to try to keep open. Some will talk about a setaside, this is for medicare. They won't want to pay for your back if you can get it taken care of through your Work Comp. I.C.
    Good Luck To You.
    It may be a few days to get your answers some times this forum can be slow. Just don't give up this is a well informed group.
    C.R.

Quote Quoting crghast View Post
    Well Half
    I am not sure I could help with your situation, but their are many in this group who Im sure can. how old are you, I know a fusion is radicule but I have a friend that has had this done and he is doing well, other than his range of motion has been reduced and they say this puts undue preasure on the disk above and below the fusion. also I would think future medical, if you can get it, would be something to try to keep open. Some will talk about a setaside, this is for medicare. They won't want to pay for your back if you can get it taken care of through your Work Comp. I.C.
    Good Luck To You.
    It may be a few days to get your answers some times this forum can be slow. Just don't give up this is a well informed group.
    C.R.
    Thanks for your input.

Default Re: Reach maximum treatment how long to settle

length of time depends on what issues are involved. If it's just impairment then it may require an addition rating examination. If it includes a future medical buyout it also may require a medical set-aside account be negotiated and approved by the feds. Theses things could take 6-9 months.

Default Re: Reach maximum treatment how long to settle an what kind of settlement am i lookin

Hi, I'm a 42 y/o female who fell at work in August 2007, I suffered a back injury that eventually was treated with surgical laminectomy to L4 L5 and S1,
    Following surgery I reached MMI in April 2008 and was sent for FCE which left me with 40lb weight restrictions, but during FCE I injured my neck, and had to have C5-6 C6-7 fused in November 2008.
    On Feb. 26th when I go to my doctor I will be released with limitations.
    The weight restrictions already have made it impossible for me to go back to my job as a paramedic.
    What type of jobs can I get with these restrictions, and the fact that I hurt everyday of my life.
    How long does it take to get a settlement and how much am I looking a?
    I get 2104.88 every two weeks in benefits. I live in Illinois

Not to rain on anybodies parade, but I reached MMI April 07 and I am still receiving weekly TTD oh wait it is called maintenance right now. Initial settlement figures have been given to my AA, but they are ridiculously low.

acasmedic40....if you are deemed MMI this month and it is obvious that you can no longer be employed as a Para-Medic, then your AA should push the IC for vocational rehabilitation. You will probably end up with a wage differential settlement (8.d.1).
    I am in the same boat, can't go back to my old job. IC says based on education and experience, I should have no problems finding employment. They contracted an employment agency who after a year still has not been able to place me. Now they are beginning to negotiate settlement.

Dead, it takes two (in the old days anyway) to dance. If the employers insurance carrier or third party administrator does not want to settle, you cannot make them. Your option is trial.

Hockeylaw@aol.com