Default How Long Until Workers Comp Pays for Time Off?

I was hurt with an on the job shoulder injury in front of my boss 5 weeks ago. I continued to work for another two weeks after the injury because the insurance company drug their feet. I finally got into a doctor who immediately took me off work with PT until further notice. I have been off for 3 weeks now. I have not see a penny in pay yet. I spoke with my company and they said that that was not their job to take care of me getting paid. That was up to the insurance company and they should contact me... I need to know how do I find out what to do or how long do I have to wait to get paid??

Thanks

Default Re: How long til workers comp pays for time off??

What state are you in?
    David R. Fischer, Esq.
    www.fischerlawlv.com

www.nevadaworkcomplaw.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: The response provided hereto is for general information regarding Nevada worker's compensation only. Nothing herein should be considered legal advice or should be understood to create an attorney-client relationship. Opinions reflected herein are solely the opinions of the author, and no other person, entity or organization is responsible for this response's content.

Have you filed for WC yet??? FWIW, I filed first week of May, employer appealed decision WC made in my favor. WC found in employers favor. I got an attorney (a VERY good attorney) and I appealed to the IC...IC found in my favor (this 2 months after my initial application). Long story short I am just now (this week) going to begin receiving my compensation and (I hope) make an appointment for surgery for my shoulder...So 5 1/2 months I have had to wait with no income...Had to sell most of my stuff on eBay just to feed the family and pay the most basic of bills. Nowhere close to paying the bills that needed to be paid. Thankfully I have a great landlord that I now owe 4 months rent to...He will get paid this week.

First I live in Alabama.

Second, I cannot believe how your company treated you.

I was injured in front of my boss lifting a shelf onto a very small two wheel dolly. We are not supposed to be lifting like we were. Anyway, now I have spent the last five weeks rehabing my shoulder. No one from the"company" has even called to check how the shoulder is doing.

Good luck with the shoulder and everything else.

Sandlover, you need a lawyer. IF it has been 5 weeks, they are not planning to pay you at all. You need to take aggressive action to get this ball rolling.

Good luck.

Complwyr

Quote Quoting sandlover View Post
    First I live in Alabama.

Second, I cannot believe how your company treated you.

I was injured in front of my boss lifting a shelf onto a very small two wheel dolly. We are not supposed to be lifting like we were. Anyway, now I have spent the last five weeks rehabing my shoulder. No one from the"company" has even called to check how the shoulder is doing.

Good luck with the shoulder and everything else.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law