Connecticut Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Connecticut Workers

• Connecticut Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Connecticut Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How Long Can a Person Be Kept on TPD or TTD

I am still collecting while on a job search. My headaches seemed to have worsened. Doctor has given me perscriptions for Fentora, a wonderful pain releaving medicine but $$$$$$$$$. The insurance company refused to pay for the Fentora and a couple of other meds. I know that the law states that the injured worker should not have to pay out of pocket. Currently I am in the whole for $1900. that is a significant amount of money to most people. My attorney is scheduling a hearing for this matter. I am just wondering how long can a person be kept on TPD or TTD in Connecticut? I have been on WC for over 1 and 1/2 years. When do they determine Max Med Improvement?
    Thanks for reading.

Default Re: just an update

Requesting a hearing is the best course of action on something like that.

You can be kept on TT for quite awhile---either your doc or a Commissioner's examiner has to say you can work before you will be cut off or converted to PPD.

I have one client I have had on TP for going on 3 years. The insuarnce company is howling mad but they have been unable to get her off.

Good luck.

Jim

I am having another restless night. I was put on TPD and am dong the search for employment. How difficult will it be to be placed on SSI or SSDI? I don't think my condition and health will allow me to work gainfully any more. I have slowed down significantly. I should have called out sick that day of the injury.

Jaspell!

I still am thinking of jumping ship, just today, the paralegal made a mistake. i was expecting a check and here it is 4 days later. he said, it is sitting n my desk, i will send it out today.

Applying for SSD while collecting WC has a lot of ins and outs and it is not something I can go into here. As far as the check being delayed, I cant say that is entirely unusual. People are human and things like that do happen. We try and do the best we can for our clients but we are not perfect.

Cool Re: How Long Can a Person Be Kept on TPD or TTD

There is no cap in CT as to how long you can collect TPD or TTD benefits. You are eligible for these benefits until you hit maximum medical improvement. If your doctor feels you have hit this point then he will also give you a permanency rating. There is money allotted for the permanency rating. If you are prevented from seeking gainful employment after the permanency is exhausted then you are eligible for post specific benefits which equal the amount of money you receive for the permanency. If you truly feel this injury is totally disabling, to the point where you cannot perform any work at all then you need to discuss this with your doctor. Know that collecting any money, unemployment, SSDI, etc, does affect your wc claim.

Default Re: How Long Can a Person Be Kept on TPD or TTD

Exactly right!

BTW, Kaz, ahve you got the Fentora straightened out? If your Doctor is prescribing it, they have to pay for it.

Jim

Smile Re: How Long Can a Person Be Kept on TPD or TTD

If you are still taking the Fentora and it is because of the work injury then have your doctor put it in writing. The ic needs to know that the prescription is causally related or they won't pay for anything.