Question My Attorney Wants to Meet With Me - Any Clues As To What's Going On?

the attorneys office called and said he would like to meet with me at 1:00 Thursday. in the morning. i asked her was it to review and she said well comp. has faxed him and he wants to meet with me. I have not even seen the doctor comp. was wanting me to see yet in lexington. Now i am nervous. what could he want to see me for? My husband said he bet comp. has decided to cut my wages off. anyone have any clue what might be up.

recap of what is going on: injury 9/10/07
    disc protrusion in C5-6 and a muscle tear in lumbar. left hand has no strength and burns and left leg burns. the comp. doctor has me off work still. i just hired this attorney a couple of weeks ago. he contacted comp and told them he would be representing me . that is when comp faxed him a letter stating i need to see the doctor in lexington. Then today i got the call from the attorney with the above info.

any clues what is going on?
    Teresa

Default Re: Any clues in what is going on? attorney called and wants to meet with me

could be settlement offer or deposition

Default Re: Any clues in what is going on? attorney called and wants to meet with me

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. The good thing is that he does want to sit down and meet with you in person. Many IW's with attorneys can barely even get them to return phone calls. I would see this as a good sign that he is willing to meet with you and discuss whatever issues there are. It is pretty much a given that issues will arise with any comp case and to have an attorney that is willing to give you this kind of attention could be a plus. I know it is difficult to sit at home and be in the dark and get these phone calls. We always tend to worry too much and think the worst (at least I do). Go meet and talk with him and listen to what he has to say. If they want you to see another doctor it would be doubtful that they are stopping any payments just yet. They may well be wanting to and hoping another doctor will provide a report that will give them that opportunity. Even if this happens it does not mean it is over. Your attorney can be helpful in guiding you through that process. Good Luck and try to stay calm the stress will just aggrevate your other problems.

I agree that there is really no way to know what is going on....other than that your attorney wants to talk with you and is making time to do so. If you have to guess at what it's about, guess something neutral or favorable. Doing anything else just gets your nerves on edge for no purpose.

My guess is that they are now contesting some part of the claim. Good luck.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law