Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Question Long Term Disability and Workers Compensation

I was fired last month for being unable to return to work because of my crippling injury.

I am no longer entitled to apply for long term disability.

Although too late for me... Is there a period when an IW is out of work, but still employed, that he/she may apply for LTD while still receiving WC?

Because WC is limited to 104 or 500 weeks and LTD would go on after that, right?

Default Re: Long Term Disability & WC?

Hi, i'm from pa as well. I'm collecting LTD and WC if you where fired you should be able to make the payment to the insurance company yourself and collect as i did after 90 days of being unable to work.. It would be worth a call to the insurance company of the LTD policy to find out. I'm now able to collect until i'm 65 under the plan i was paying for thru my employer...

Good luck

Question Re: Long Term Disability & WC?

Does WC offset the amount your get?

Thanks,

T

Quote Quoting seesaw28 View Post
    Hi, i'm from pa as well. I'm collecting LTD and WC if you where fired you should be able to make the payment to the insurance company yourself and collect as i did after 90 days of being unable to work.. It would be worth a call to the insurance company of the LTD policy to find out. I'm now able to collect until i'm 65 under the plan i was paying for thru my employer...

Good luck

Default Re: Long Term Disability and Workers Compensation

Todd, the Employer should be allowing you to continue your benefits under COBRA...although YOU will have to pay the whole premium.

Here is the government web-site: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_cobra.html

Regarding your LTD policy, you need to contact that carrier, and you will probably need to review the ENTIRE written policy, to make sure that you either ARE or are not entitled to submit a LTD claim. Your situation is a little unique because your termination was BASED on YOUR DISABILITY...and INABILITY to work. The employer can't have it "both ways", and then try to deprive you of LTD benefits that YOU CONTRIBUTED TO out of your OWN POCKET...that bestowes upon you a whole different "contractual agreement" between YOU and the LTD CARRIER...
    You should consult with several experienced Insurance Law attorneys regarding this ASAP, like TOMORROW

IF you are eligible/qualify for LTD, then there MIGHT be provisions under the LTD policy that THEY might be entitled to take an "off-set" if you are concurrently receiving WC benefits. Every plan is different.

In the meanwhile, have you applied for SSDI yet? If NOT, then do so ASAP,

Here is a very imformative link: www.disabilitysecrets.com