Question 10% Disability Rating; What Do I Ask For?

Hi there,
    I have been given 10% disability with a rating of 9. Per my Mri I have permanant disc damage. The Qme has advised that I continue with chiropractic treatment 4x a month. I have not hired a lawyer and the insurance company wants to settle my claim. I want to settle, because they are not authorizing any of my chiropractic treatment, and this has been going on for 4 years now. I dont know at all what i should be asking for as far as a settlement. Is it crazy of me to not have a lawyer? Will it be worth it, or will the legal fee's take too much of the settlement? i need help!

Default Re: 10% Dsblty Rating; What Do I Ask For?

You need a lawyer and a real doctor. Chiropractors are not real doctors. You need an Orthopedist. Chiropractors have less education than physical therapist and registered nurses. Why anyone would go to a Chiropractor I do not know. You would probably get a higher impairment rating, better medical reports and more respect if you saw a real doctor.

Default Re: 10% Disability Rating; What Do I Ask For?

it depends on your state's work comp laws. you use the term "QME" so looks like california.
    If so, utilization review controls what medical is approved. In addition california put a maximum limit of 24 chiropractic visits in the law.
    your settlement value is the total of your permanent disability and the cost of the 24 visits less what ever has been paid to date in PD and chiro care.
    Last edited by .SH; 12-04-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Hi there,
    Thanks for the info. I am in CA. The 24 visits, how may years should I calculate that for?

Hi .SH I was wondering since I have a spine injury rating of 28% in Pennsylvania is there an amount for this rating or just ask how much I think its worth ? Sorry I cut in on this posters thread .
    Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    it depends on your state's work comp laws. you use the term "QME" so looks like california.
    If so, utilization review controls what medical is approved. In addition california put a maximum limit of 24 chiropractic visits in the law.
    your settlement value is the total of your permanent disability and the cost of the 24 visits less what ever has been paid to date in PD and chiro care.

amolina:
    unless there is a surgery the max of 24 chiropratic visits is for each injury no matter how long it lasts.

wally:
    I'm not that familiar with the settlement process of pennsylvania. It's very different from amolina's. It involves wage loss and ratings. here is there web page that has general information.
    http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/cwp...=61512#whatare
    Last edited by .SH; 12-05-2007 at 08:50 AM.