Thread: Missed Checks

Default Missed Checks

I know this is a common issue as the workers compensation insurance company 's are notorious for "forgetting to pay you". I missed 1 comp check for thanksgiving week, and over the holidays the last 2 checks are still to be issued. So 3 weeks behind . The savings are dwindling and the bills are piling up. My attorney has written them a letter asking them to pay back checks asap. I feel helpless and trapped, I just want to fire of a nasty letter to the company I work for, the wc insurance company and my attorney! Is there something else that I can do or am I just a puppet here? Eaglescout
    Hello from the Eaglesnest

Default Re: Mised Checks

what state are you in?
    No matter how bad things seem, they can always, always, always.....get worse.

Default Re: Missed Checks

O-h sorry South Carolina

In IL, Insurance Companies can be fined $50/day for missed payments without due notice. If you haven't reached MMI, and continue to miss benefit checks, your attorney should file for an emergency hearing. If your employer is a supporting employer, I would let them know also. They are paying a hefty premium to the insurance carrier.

what is a supporting employer?

I work for a very small company and my employer (CEO) called me to let me know he would do everything in his power to enure I am treated the right way. He stated he pays a large premium to protect his workers when an accident occurs. He also admitted I am his first employee to get injured on the job. My employer just may be an anomolly.

I got you he supports his workers. I work for a large union company and our manager could not believe I hired a lawyer for a neck injury I feel it is a must eaglescout

I wonder if I could get a part time job answering the phone somewhere as I am restricted to lifting 15 pounds. Or would this disqualify me from benefits

im guessing that if you are out of work right now...that if you get caught working somewhere, that yes, you would lose your benefits. i would NOT do anything rash...without getting the advice of an attorney. you already know that wc plays dirty enough as it is....dont do anything to give them ammunition!