Connecticut Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Connecticut Workers

• Connecticut Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Connecticut Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Unemployment After Workers Compensation

I have been on workers compensation for over a year, unfortunately the company i worked for has closed. I had surgery and have since had the ok to return to work by my doctor. When the company closed I was entitled to collect unemployment, however did not because the doctor had me on workers compensation. Now i am filing for unemployment to hopefully hold me over until i find work, My question is , does anyone know if my unemployment rate will be less due to me being out on workers compensation so long after the job closed? I believe at the time my job closed i was able to collect max amount from unemployment.
    Thanks for any help in this matter....Its so frustrating........

Default Re: Unemployment After Compensation??

You're probably elligible for your full benefit.
    There is an attorney "jaspell" who reads this site frequently and has been a help to many. He might respond soon and can probably give you a correct answer.

I'm not much an expert on unemployment comp, unfortunately. The rule is if you have lost your job under circumstances such as yours and you are now "ready willing and able to work in the State of Connecticut" then you should be eligible for unemployment I always tell my clients to go ahead and make the application. There is no harm and it may work out okay. Wish I could be more help on that but not my area...

UI is based on previous quarter of taxable income...kinda strange math but i believe it works off employment dollars not "benefit" dollars (WC is considered a benifit).

check http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsup...20Requirements

or as Jaspell said, apply.....it cant hurt
    No matter how bad things seem, they can always, always, always.....get worse.

Confused

Did your company sign up for TAA Trade Adjustment Act?????? This will give you two years of unemployment and schooling. Hey good luck!!!!!!

Default Re: Unemployment After Workers Compensation

Quote Quoting ConfusedinCT View Post
    I have been on workers compensation for over a year, unfortunately the company i worked for has closed. I had surgery and have since had the ok to return to work by my doctor. When the company closed I was entitled to collect unemployment, however did not because the doctor had me on workers compensation. Now i am filing for unemployment to hopefully hold me over until i find work, My question is , does anyone know if my unemployment rate will be less due to me being out on workers compensation so long after the job closed? I believe at the time my job closed i was able to collect max amount from unemployment.
    Thanks for any help in this matter....Its so frustrating........
    I Believe it goes off your highest quarter of 52 weeks before you got hurt or laid off!! It seems as if you worked part of the year, then were off for part?? Unemployment is based on earned income, and WC is unearned income, so it should be based off the time you actually worked in the 52 weeks previously. Hope that helps !! Not sure if all states are the same???