New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: SLU Or PPD?

Default SLU Or PPD?

I was wondering , I have an slu appointment this week, however my injury which is( lateral epicondylitis and radial tunnel syndrome) I was out of work on ttd for 29 weeks and dont know if my injuries will get lumped together with an slu or if there would be 2 different ratings one for elbow and one for forearm. I read the appendix in the WCB and they just list as arm, which is worth 312 weeks, I do not know what my rating will be, and since i decided not to have surgery I am concerned that If i get an SLU rating of 10% there will be no money for me. I surely hope my rating is much higher so I can pay off these bills and move on with my life , maybe go back to school for a new career etc. etc.
    would i be better off asking my DR. to just put me as ppd and have no slu?
    At least that way I would still be able to collect some money from this injury that I will live with for the rest of my life. How does it work can one get an slu and be ppd, or is one or the other . please help thanx

Default Re: SLU Or PPD?

is there anybody out there?

Exclamation Re: SLU Or PPD?

Quote Quoting cdawg View Post
    is there anybody out there?

Yes, we are here!
    Can you get an PPD with the described injuries?
    If not then you'll probably end up with the SLU, and it depends on what is exactly with your body parts and whether or not they will take it as a whole arm or only certain damaged parts of the arm.
    Good luck!!

Default Re: SLU Or PPD?

Quote Quoting cdawg View Post
    I was wondering , I have an slu appointment this week, however my injury which is( lateral epicondylitis and radial tunnel syndrome) I was out of work on ttd for 29 weeks and dont know if my injuries will get lumped together with an slu or if there would be 2 different ratings one for elbow and one for forearm. I read the appendix in the WCB and they just list as arm, which is worth 312 weeks, I do not know what my rating will be, and since i decided not to have surgery I am concerned that If i get an SLU rating of 10% there will be no money for me. I surely hope my rating is much higher so I can pay off these bills and move on with my life , maybe go back to school for a new career etc. etc.
    would i be better off asking my DR. to just put me as ppd and have no slu?
    At least that way I would still be able to collect some money from this injury that I will live with for the rest of my life. How does it work can one get an slu and be ppd, or is one or the other . please help thanx
    An SLU is an award for a percentage loss-of-use of a body part. When the award is made, medical continues.

A section 32 agreement is a agreement which settles some, or all, of the case. If the carrier is looking at a set amount for an SLU, and can get ride of any future medical (and any future award for an increase in the degree of disability), it will likely offer more than the SLU amount to end the case completely.