Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Oklahoma Workers

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile How Much Should Be Paid For Back Surgery

Hi I Got Hurt In 8/06.had Two Back Surgerys Just Would Like To Know The Amount Of Settlement To Be Expecting I Had 2 Rods And 3 Screews I Have More Right Leg And Right Hip Pain Now Then I Did Before Surgery.dr. Took Out Screews And Rods Still Have Alots Of Pain And Stiffness So What Do I Do Or Expect THE FIRST SURGERY THE DR WENT THROUGH THE FRONT AND BACK THE SECOND SURGERY ONLY THE BACK SO ITS THREE CUTS
    Last edited by Tina_Palacios; 02-26-2008 at 07:48 AM.

Default Re: How Much Should Be Paid For Back Surgery

disability benefits are based on a medical impairment rating not on the type of treatment you get.

ok i am going for that next month but i want to know how much does w/c pay for each surgery and scars left and for pain and suffering and also to my daily actives that i can not do no more do to injuries such as life and personal life

workers comp will pay the doctors & hospital for the sugery but nothing extra to you.
    oklahoma will only pay for serious and permanent scars
    workers comp does not pay for pain & suffering; only impairment.

The WC/Insurance company will pay you for permanent impairment as a result of your injuries. You will have to be rated according to AMA standards as set out 5th edition of the Impairment Guides. With as many surgeries as you have had you should obtain your own rating independent of what the IC comes up with.

You might want to take a look at the web site for Dr. John Ellis in OKC. He's probably the most honest impairment rating doc in Oklahoma.

http://www.ellisclinic.com/

ok that is where i am going to get my rating in okla city i have an lawyer so maybe everything is going to go great so thanks for the info. what is the most w/c pay for or how do they pay by the rating?

No one here can tell you the answer to your questions. It depends on the percentage on the rating and your rate of pay. Since you have an attorney you should ask him to figure it out. Good luck.

Post Re: How Much Should Be Paid For Back Surgery

I was wounding where to go to find the charts of the pay everyone is talking about and maybe i can figure it my self and the web site for the w/c paying chart thanks if anyone could help me in this matter

Last edited by .SH; 02-28-2008 at 04:07 PM.

You can't figure it out without the percentage number. You won't get that until you go for the exam. Don't try to count on getting x number of dollars out of this. It doesn't work that way.