Massachusetts Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Massachusetts Workers

• Massachusetts Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Massachusetts Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Why Does The Insurance Company Follow You?

Why is it the insurance company keeps sending people to fallow you when you have an injury?

All the doctors I see have told me that I have a true injury Even there own but yet I keep spotting them fallowing me every where I go, even in the grocery store. I just want my life back. I didn’t ask to get hurt but I guess I just have to live with it.

Is there anything I should know about the people fallowing me anything I should or shouldn’t do?

Default Re: Why Does The Insurance Company Fallow You?

they follow you in hopes of trying to find you doing something that you arent supposed to be doing so that they can get out of paying on your claim. they want to catch you doing something that you say you cant do....so that they can tell the judge that you are capable of doing things that you say that you cant do.

i dont have personal experience with anyone following me....so i cant advise on how to stop it. all i can tell you is to call a board certified workers comp attorney and ask them what are your legal rights to get this stopped. ive heard/read that some have threatened the filmers by telling them if they dont stop following them that they will call the law on them and take out harrassment charges....but i dont know if they can legally be stopped..i just dont know much about it..thank goodness!! hope this helps.

Default Re: Why Does The Insurance Company Fallow You?

Spirit is on the money. They like a lot of footage so they can edit it into a "greatest hits" video and create an illusion of wrong doing. I like to take pictures of them. They really don't like it. Plus documenting all instances is a good idea if possible, and report it to attorney and w/c. PIs are licensed within the state so find out who regulates and file a complaint if they cross any lines.

Default Re: Why Does The Insurance Company Follow You?

Check this out re: being followed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJiwnSzILc

Thank you very much...

You must understand that the comp. system is made up of whores who think every injured worker is a phoney. I hope you viewed the link I posted. They follow you in a desperate attempt to get something on you.

In my case I went into a dry cleaners with a shirt and went right home. I did nothing I said I could not do. The ins. co. hopes that when they go before a judge at the DIA that person will think you are faking your injury. If you are doing nothing that you claim you cannot do, try not to think about it. I know this is hard.

Just because you can run an errand doesn't mean you can replace your brick front steps. If you can, and you are claiming you can't because you are injured, then that's how they get people. Heard a story from an ins. person about a doctor with a hefty LTD policy who was "caught" on tape golfing. He lost his disabiliy. Bottom line, if you are honest, what can they do? They play this game with you to scare you. It it unnerving. It used to drive me crazy and I know I was watched.

I was in a home goods store on a Sunday afternoon and a guy was poking through kitchen things. Ya, right. I was leaning over my shopping cart, as I couldn't walk on my own, and sitting on the chairs that were for sale. I sat down and watched him for a few minutes; then I got up and started to follow him. Glory be didn't he walk out of the store and hop into his pick-up truck. That's not the only time I was watched. Called the police one day because a truck was parked rather oddly across the street from me. As soon as the cop showed up and talked to the guy he was gone; he was an off duty cop visiting my neighbor who is a retired cop; only he wasn't just visiting. I was in the house the whole day anyway, just the idea that I caught him.

These people are the scum of the earth, but if you are legit ignore them; don't drive yourself crazy like I did. Not worth the grief.