Default Shoulder Settlement?

How Much does one receive for a shoulder settlement? My Comp evaluation is coming up in May.-Chris

Default Re: Shoulder Settlement?

not much................thats all I can say.I have no use of the arm and am going to get only 25%.Terrible

I don't know what the max is for a Shoulder but I'm only 13% for a blown Disk.
    I'm in pain 24/7 and can't do much of anything. It's a painful chore to do just about anything and for all my dedication to the Co I worked for I'll get $50k if I'm lucky.

I know allot of People would say woo hoo! $50k!!!
    I'm 44, $50k and the inability to work just doesn't add up.
    I'd gladly give my money away for the chance to go back to my career...

Anyway, W/C is very odd. A Shoulder might be worth allot more than a Back, you'll have to wait till your Doc puts you at MMI and gives you a permenent rating before you'll know just how much you'll be entitled to, good luck and God bless.

I was out of work for about 3 months, I had a speedy recovery and went back to work in now time. I am still pretty young, just graduated from college and I have a whole new career ahead of me. Does comp take that into inconsideration? Chris- NY
    Last edited by stolcd99; 03-14-2008 at 03:49 AM.

Chris,
    WC laws differ by state, and the amount of the ''award'' for any Permenant Disability it pretty much set by law. The only 'negotiable' portion of a settlement is the future medical, and that is based on what your doctors put in the final report as to what may be ''reasonably'' expected to be necessary on an 'industrial injury' basis. That is not like what you might expect under ''regular health insurance coverge''.

So, as you report that you recovered quickly, have returned to your previous job, with no restrictions, you can probably expect a stipend 'award' for your ''inconvenience'' due to this injury. That is to say, IF there is no PD, there really is no ''award''...you haven't 'suffered' any 'damage'.

Under most state WC laws, you are entitled to medical treatment for the injury, wage loss/TTD while you recover, and retraining (less and less of that these days) if necessary. There could be additional benefits IF you are not able to RTW in your previous capacity.

So, be glad this is about over for you, and look forward to than new career you have educated yourself for...
    Good luck to you..

Quote Quoting stolcd99 View Post
    I was out of work for about 3 months, I had a speedy recovery and went back to work in now time. I am still pretty young, just graduated from college and I have a whole new career ahead of me. Does comp take that into inconsideration? Chris- NY
    If you recovered completely and are back at work then there really is no case with W/C. If the Doctor puts you at MMI with no restrictions then you really won't get anything, other than the benefits you recieved while off work.If you didn't recieve any benefits then you might make a case as to un-paid benefits but other than that I doubt you'll get anything as to a settlement.
    This is where W/C works best. An injured worker who is out for a few Weeks or Months will be taken care of and most who've dealt with W/C in this manner have no complaints becaue they recovered and went back to work.
    On the other Hand, Injured workers who don't recover quickly or are facing permenent disability are treated like Dogs and pushed to the brink of suicide.

Workers Comp is set up to handle the short term and do all they can to get out of long term obligations through any means possible.