New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: Apportionment

Default Apportionment

hello,

i have been an injured worker going on 5 years now i had a mva 3 yrs post wc accident it was mostly a exacburation of the l back r shoulder which i also injured in my wc claim. my wc injuries are r hand r shoulder neck and l back. r-hand i have a thumb, index finger, and wrist injury diagnosis de-quervines tensyovitis. r shoulder diagnosis was nerve impingement. neck c 5-6 radiculopathy c 2-3 3-4 4-5 bulges. l back l 5-s1 central disc herniation with radiculopathy l 4-5 bulge l leg involvement drop foot and sciatica. i was hemiplegic due to spasms and as a result am now permantly disabled this was even before the subsequent mva. in the mva i sprained my back and neck and had shoulder surgery but am back to pre exsisting condition. i recieved ssd for the comp injury. now the ic wants to give 2/3 of my disability to the mva and 1/3 to them based on a recent ime. i want to settle my case and im not sure what to do. please help me understand what they are trying to do.

Default Re: Apportionment

if you want to learn how to handle your own claim you should read up on the comp laws and prior court cases. you can start here
    http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/

Exclamation Re: Apportionment

jbro,

Do you have an attorney? You should get one as it appears they are trying to put the liability onto the MVA and leave your WC injury so slight that after a 2/3rd you would be left with nothing!
    This is what the insurance companies want to do beat up on the little person well fight back get a attorney who specializes with comp and get the things you are suppose to receive!!

i do have an attorney but im not sure he knows what he is doing?
    my dr's told me that there is no apportionment that i injured seperate parts of my shoulder, and as far as my back i was disabled before the accident and the mva left no further disabilty on my back. So, now i have to see all of my dr's to get an apportionment letter to submitt within 60 days. The company would like to settle out and im ready to leave them alone libery mutual is a hot mess i have nothing but issues from the examiners that were on my case that delayed my treatment and that left me chronically disabled now they want to screw me. anything you guys can think of that would give me some kind of understanding in what they are doing would help alot. thanks

i do have an attorney but im not sure he knows what he is doing?
    my dr's told me that there is no apportionment that i injured seperate parts of my shoulder, and as far as my back i was disabled before the accident and the mva left no further disabilty on my back. So, now i have to see all of my dr's to get an apportionment letter to submitt within 60 days. The company would like to settle out and im ready to leave them alone libery mutual is a hot mess i have nothing but issues from the examiners that were on my case that delayed my treatment and that left me chronically disabled now they want to screw me. anything you guys can think of that would give me some kind of understanding in what they are doing would help alot. thanks