Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Tennessee Workers

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Getting Final Eval, Reaching MMI, Get Impairment Rating

I'm 11 days away from my final evaluation (The 27th of this Month), at which point I will have reached maximum medical improvement, and he will assign me me Medical Impairment Rating.

I noticed when I rotate my right arm to the left or right as in turn a door know, i hear a clicking and grinding noise in the elbow, which is very painful.

i still can't lift more than about 10 pounds, and my arm constantly throbs.

anything I can do or should say to the doctor?

Also I understand once MMI had been reached and a disability rating is assigned, my work comp checks cut off. How long does it take to get a work comp settlement usually, and how do I pay the bills between the time I am assigned my disability rating and the time I get my settlement?

I don't want to lose my car or be delinquent on anything....just wondering what I can do?

thanks

Default Re: Getting Final Eval, Reaching MMI, Get Impairment Rating

permanent partial disability isn't enough to live on forever; at some point you'll have to get a job. you can start looking as soon as you are MMI.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    permanent partial disability isn't enough to live on forever; at some point you'll have to get a job. you can start looking as soon as you are MMI.
    i was told by my attorneys that if I get a job before I am given my settlement, that my multiplier will automatically go to 1.5 which would cost me settlement money.

the formula i was given was as follows

work comp rate x maximum weeks off x multiplier x disability rating %.

Your attorneys are wrong.

They apparently don't understand how the 1.5 multiplier cap works.

It only applies if you return to your pre-injury employer at a wage equal to or greater as the time of the injury.

Now, if you left your pre-injury employer for some reason unrelated to the injury, there's some possibility that the cap could apply, but I don't think so.

Just going to another job, especially if it's because you couldn't do the old job shouldn't cap your case. Also, if you can go back to work, you need to do so, regardless of your WC claim.

Quote Quoting JLJ View Post
    Your attorneys are wrong.

They apparently don't understand how the 1.5 multiplier cap works.

It only applies if you return to your pre-injury employer at a wage equal to or greater as the time of the injury.

Now, if you left your pre-injury employer for some reason unrelated to the injury, there's some possibility that the cap could apply, but I don't think so.

Just going to another job, especially if it's because you couldn't do the old job shouldn't cap your case. Also, if you can go back to work, you need to do so, regardless of your WC claim.
    i wont be able to go back to my old job.

according to the attorney's If I am fired or quit before this is resolved, then my multiplier would be 1.5. if I find a job right after the mmi is assigned, then the cap is 1.5 . guess I don't understand this.

first off I would like to say they can't fire you they can say they don't have a job to accommedate for those restrictions. So if that is the case you are still off of work wc has to pay you and also send you to a vocational reabilitation to help you find a job that is in those restrictions. Then if you find a job at a lower pay they have to compensate you for the wages lost to you life expectancy. At least in Illinois that is how it works not sure what your state is.

Quote Quoting just me View Post
    first off I would like to say they can't fire you they can say they don't have a job to accommedate for those restrictions. So if that is the case you are still off of work wc has to pay you and also send you to a vocational reabilitation to help you find a job that is in those restrictions. Then if you find a job at a lower pay they have to compensate you for the wages lost to you life expectancy. At least in Illinois that is how it works not sure what your state is.
    Tennessee doesn't have anything with vocational rehab. its' been 6 months, almost 7 since the injury...if the employer has a pressing need to fill the position they do not have to retain my employment, but then I will get the multiplier based on my injuries.

anyhow, went to the doctor the other day and he wants to do another MRI, and go from there...he's still trying to figure out why I am having pain in my arm, and to figure out the clicking/grinding noise in the elbow.

hello, i'm new to the board but it seems like i have the same problem in my right elbow as you do. my doctor said besides the tennis elbow i have something called synovitis or something close to that. i'm going in for surgery on the 29 of may. basically it is tissue that is getting caught in the joint. so he will remove that and shave down the tendon also. as far as pain right now it is bad and my elbow also snaps and my fingers go numb.

I don't understand how wc works. So far they've been fair, in that 6 weeks after being injured I found a better job but soon discovered it was more physical than anticipated and wasn't able to continue due to severe pain issues. {In 10.07 I fell in the store I was working in and injured my back.} I was able to go back to collecting WC benefits 1.25.08. Since that time the time between my doctors procedures and wc approvals bring me to this point. I haven't had relief and am getting worse, unable to sit or stand more than 15 minutes at a time, lift, push or pull. Now they are pushing for an impairment rating and I am to meet an adjuster this week at my former place of employment (a hostile environment) and to bring my resume? I am feeling confused, worried, and wondering why they would be pushing MMI when I am still being evaluated and other procedures are being tested to avoid surgery for which I am a bad candidate. Any feedback?