Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Request For A Psychological Evaluation

hey guy's, so i am waiting for my third surgery and I get a call from my wcc today. they want me to have a psychological evaluation before they approve my next surgery. what is that all about? is it something I should be worried about? what should i do? should I be honost with them, or be cautious? any of u guys have some experience in this area, anything will help. thanks

Default Re: Psycological Eval.???

dont hold back, talk of how depressing it is to be in pain all the time, and depressing you are not able to work and depressing you not bread winner and depressing you can not do things you used to do. hopefully you then can get depression added to your claim.

Default Re: Psycological Eval.???

''...what should i do? should I be honost with them, or be cautious?''

You present yourself as you are 'normally', and follow the directions of the evaluator, and answer the questions as placed to you.
    It wouldn't do any good to attempt to present anything you are not...these doctors are 'pros' at what they do, and this one will have a copy of your medical records as they pertain to your injury.

Did you as the CA ''why'' am I undergoing a 'psych evaluation' at this time...?
    That would probably be a good place to begin...

There is nothing to be afraid of here, and no reason not to be honest, as you would all the time.

Thumbs up Re: Psycological Eval.???

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    ''...what should i do? should I be honost with them, or be cautious?''

You present yourself as you are 'normally', and follow the directions of the evaluator, and answer the questions as placed to you.
    It wouldn't do any good to attempt to present anything you are not...these doctors are 'pros' at what they do, and this one will have a copy of your medical records as they pertain to your injury.

Did you as the CA ''why'' am I undergoing a 'psych evaluation' at this time...?
    That would probably be a good place to begin...

There is nothing to be afraid of here, and no reason not to be honest, as you would all the time.
    That right just be honest and everything will work out well. And if you are depressed they can help you with that. Hang in there.

Default Re: Request For A Psychological Evaluation

thanx alot guys. I am trying to turn my friend on to this site. he had a back surgery shortly after my second one, and we talk about our cases sometimes. he has alot of questions. they reduced his meds down to just percocet's, then they started calling in his scrip's for a week at a time instead of month. they also started urine testing him every couple months. he said he feels like he's in trouble for still having alot of pain. he has passed all of his urine test's. are they just going thru all the steps, or are they screwing with him. I can't help him cause i havn't been there yet. any advice.

serve22 what are they saying is wrong with your back to do the surgeries? Here is my situation I went to about 4 doctors they all said the same thing. Went to an IME doctor that agreed and also ordered another MRI. Well I had an radio frequency abulation done and that didn't work so then went to an ortho and he suggested steroid injections to ease my pain well my nurse tricked me into another doctor to follow up with that was closer to me well he told me there was nothing wrong with me and suggest to see a shrink it was all in my head because my bone structure is good but all the other doctors say it is the muscles and tendons and stuff in my back. So he said I have been this way for so long that my head is just saying I hurt. Funny thing is I don't just hurt my leg goes to sleep on my if I sit to long or stand to long. All the other doctors say it is because my muscles and stuff are so tightened in there it is pinching my siatic nerve. So is it my brain just telling my muscles to do that?? LOL I am thinking not. Don't tell them you are depressed about things cause depression causes pain just tell them how much you hurt and all your symptoms.

what's not wrong. lol. I got hurt at work, they say the bottom five disc's are dry. the bottom four are herniated and split. after about nine months of pt, they said that the bottom three still had bulges, and that I would need surgery on the bottom two. so surgery I had. double discectomy. more pain than before. now they say I need a double fusion to relieve the pain. so fusion's I had. extreme pain. now they say that there is soft tissue inside the bottom fusion, need's another surgery to get it out and remove some hardware. waiting approval from wc for third surgery. they tried pulling that it's all in ur head crap with me. they cut me off all my medication's for about two weeks, when the pain didn't go away, they did a myleogram and found the tissue that is cause for the third surgery. I would make them get all the test's on ur back, make sure they all come back negative for a problem before u believe it's all in ur head. that is just what they are hoping so they don't look bad.

Well I know its not in my head that is why I won't go to a pschyo to have them tell me that I am nuts I am thinking that the doctor that said its all in my head needs to go see if he is chemically imbalanced LOL Well work comp is suppose to send me to an IME doctor now so guess we will have to see what happens

yeah, I think i am going to be pretty cautious in my meeting too. there can't be anything good that is going to come of this. I mean, best case scenario is me having this surgery and it eliminating enough of my pain, that I can go about a normal day on limited medication and maybe even work. I do not see where meeting with a shrink is contributing to this goal. I am not crazy, my pain is real, and I don't need any help "coping".

I did go to a site about a pain center and they say that shrinks do help with pain with anti-depressants not sure how but I ain't going on them they just make me dopey if I wanted to be dopey I would go get some medicated pot LOL