Ohio Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Ohio Workers

• Ohio Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Ohio Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Thread: PTD

Default PTD

I am MMI on both allowances, voc rehab was considered not feasible because of medical instability. My att is filing for PTD what happens next? I cannot lift, sit or stand for any length of time had surgery but it only made things worse

Default Re: PTD

if you don't have medical evidence of total disability you'll have to get it before taking the case to the comp court for a finding.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    if you don't have medical evidence of total disability you'll have to get it before taking the case to the comp court for a finding.
    even if you have all the prof of being 100% disabled you could need. they will still fight tooth and nail not to allow you the PTD. if you think they tried not to pay TT, and cover the medical. the fight over that is nothing compared to the fight you have to deal with for PTD.

Red face Re: PTD

I have been fighting the bwc system for nearly 16 years my attorney filed for my ptd in january and believe me .SH and Hubert both are right its an up hill battle all the way for ptd. I was also deemed not feasible for voc rehab with the mco's voc expert agreeing with my por on restrictions and stating i would never be able to maintain or obtain employment but the ptd imes that I went to stated that I could still do simple task work. my attorney told me I have a 50/50 shot at getting the ptd but one of the main factors they look at is age if your not 55+ then your chances are nearly 0 that you recieve ptd.

my attorney told me with my doctors statements, and 20 weeks of rehab, and 13 of them being assisted job search, we will have less of problem now. i made over 350 job contacts, no one wants to deal with me, a blown out back, and pyshic issues, i to much of a liability. rehab rep has gone as far to ask my doctors to cut my medication, as thinking that would help get me working, doctors had a good laugh on that. was also told not to ever tell i had an injury, told not to use my cane, basically was to go in and lie to employers. my mental issues don't allow me to work. the drugs alone will not allow it. the constant pain prevents it. the rehab reps do not know difference between sedentary and light duty. last week i was accused of blowing the interviews, and faking being in shape i in. i will get the PTD, just matter of getting a hearing on this. even a company whom is well known for hiring handicapped people turned me down, said i would be a hazard to others, what is the hearing officer going to say when they read that statement. it is obivous the rehab is milking the surplus fund. the people they sent me to for job search said i should not be there, i should be in school learning new trade. i hear there is 120 being retrained for new trade out of 650,000. got a better chance of hitting the lottery than getting retrained.

There is 11 years of medical evidence. Reports from 2 surgeons, 2 DOs, one a BWC DO, 2 shrinks one a BWC shrink and 2 psychologists.

I must have been a lucky one...

they offered it to me after my POR was questioned at a disposition

I never went thru the rehab, work search, nothing - under 50 - my employer agreed and this was a self-insured in OH

maybe this self-insured is not as ruthless as most are made out to be

Quote Quoting MistyMG View Post
    I must have been a lucky one...

they offered it to me after my POR was questioned at a disposition

I never went thru the rehab, work search, nothing - under 50 - my employer agreed and this was a self-insured in OH

maybe this self-insured is not as ruthless as most are made out to be
    right, i wish the company i was working for was responsable for my injury when it went out again. workers comp tied my injury to old injury. so that let the new company off hook. other wise they would have taken care of me. i was with this co. for 8 years, i know they took very good care of injured workers there. not all self insured companys are bad. even the bad ones are better then BWC.

I have almost 16 years of medical evidence including 28 ime reports 4 ortho surgeons 14 psych ime reports, 2 pain docs, my own psych and por, been found unfeasible for voc rehab 4 times been on ssdi since 1993 which was 6 months after my injury have had 9 mri's emg;s and numerous xrays all confirming the same thing my back is screwed but bwc dont care about all that.

This is my third time trying for ptd it all comes down to is that the ic will send you for two exams one for physical and one for psych. both of these exams are done at the bwc office whatever these two ime's states thats what the bwc and ic will base their decision on which is most of the time is that you can do at least sedintary work no matter what your por's states.

The next major factor is your age I have had 3 different attorneys over the 16 years of my claim and all stated the same thing unless you are in your 50's you really dont have a chance because they are looking at the time they have to pay you they dont want to have to pay you for 40 or 50 years hell they dont even want to pay ttd for longer than 90 days.

grumpy, you probably already have seen this, but just in case you haven't I'll link it for you here. It is the IC guidelines for PTD applications and medical evidence to support the application. Who knows you may catch something from seeing it again if you already have. Good luck, and keep fighting you'll get it.