New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New Jersey Workers

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 10 Month Employee Benefits

I'm a 10 month employee of a school system. I'm currently out of work due to a work related injury. It is possible that I now need surgery. Can I expect benefits during the summer?

Wink Re: 10 Month Employee Benefits

Yes it is possible, but you will need to report this to your employer, who will send you to a company Dr. If this Drs warrants this surgery, you will get it, along with TTD, until you reach MMI. I am unsure if how you are paid, for example do you receive weekly checks all year or only during school time do you get paid, will have much effect. An expert in this area is more suited to answer this one.

Remember if your work contributes merely 1% towards the condition you are in this is a work comp claim and should be honored.

Good luck

BUG

Talking Re: 10 Month Employee Benefits

No you do not get paid during the summer months. I'm also a school employe that was hurt on the job. and no i did not get paid for the summer months. and after one year passes you will get workers comp at the amout of 70% of you pay. but not for summer months either.

Default Re: 10 Month Employee Benefits

Actually you can get paid in the summer, if and only if, you can show that you worked previously in the summer.

Red face Re: 10 Month Employee Benefits

Actually If You Where Not Schueled To Work This Summer Then You Can Not Get Paid Even If You Usely Work Every Summer Or Not.as I Worked Every Summer And Also A Second Job And They Where Not Required To Pay Me Since I Was Not Able To Work Last Summer They Did Not Send Me A Letter To Work For Them Since I Was Already Out From The Surgery. So If You Got A Letter From Them Saying They Was Placing You In Work This Summer You Are Not Entitled To Get Paid For The Summer But They Will Pick It Right Back Up When School Goes Back,

I guess we were told different information. I was advised that if I could show I had a history of working in the summer my benefits through Workers Comp would be paid during the summer.

One more thing, be advised so you are not thrown for a loop like I was. I was paid my full salary for the first year through my school. Once the insurance company takes over (Workers Comp), you will find that the max for NJ is 711.00 a week, which was far less than my salary. In my school we were paid on the 15th and 30th of each month and on Workers Comp it's every 2 weeks.

Smile Re: 10 Month Employee Benefits

hi Catgirl,

Have you made it back to work yet. I don't know which system your in I'm in Newark board and yes we are paid the full first year also and then 70% from comp. I know what you got because I got the same thing.but I have been back to work for one year now just taken off when in to much pain.But i'm working on a 504 with a lot of limitations . They moved me this year from elementry school to a high school and it is alot better on me. Where I was with artistic small ones now I have special needs older ones. It sure is a lot different work load for sure. Not so much bending and pulling and stuff like that. Ok was just checking on you to see how you where making out.

Hi Crystal Blue,

I'm glad things are working out better for you. Unfortunately that has not been the same for me. I have posted updates to Bugman under Social Security and Worker Comp benefits. If you are bored and want to read them. I have filed for disability under our Teacher's Pension. It's a long process but I'm hoping for the best. I feel my life resorts around doctors, pills and more doctors. Oh well. Btw, I am down in Camden County area. Take care, thanks for thinking of me and have a wonderful holiday!!

Smile Re: 10 Month Employee Benefits

HI CAT ,

I WENT AND READ UP ON YOUR POST. YOU ARE LIKE ME I TRUST IN BUGMAN AS HE GIVES ALL THE INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN POSSIBLELY LOOK FOR FROM SOME ONE WHOM IS NOT A LAWYER BUT HAS DONE THE RESEARCH AS WELL AS HAS BEEN THREW THIS AS WELL AS US. I'M WORKING AND DOING OK WITH IT. MY DR.KEEP SAYING THEY WANT ME TO STOP WORKING BUT I'M AFFRAID IF I DO I WILL NOT BE MOBIL ANY MORE AS I'M ON A LOT OF MEDICATIONS AND STRONG ONES BUT I'M MAKING IT. ALMOST READY NOW TO SETTLE THIS CASE. JUST WAITING ON THE REPORTS NOW AS I HAVE FINISHED MY FINIAL DR.APPOINTMENTS TO REACH THE %% OF DISABILITY. JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT THEY COME UP WITH NOW.KEEP POSTING AND I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET YOU KNOW HOW I MAKE OUT . I USE TO BE ON SOCIAL SECURITY FOR A STROKE AND WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ON THE REST OF MY LIFE BUT I GAVE IT UP TO GO BACK TO WORK AND I REALLY DON'T WANT IT BACK UNLESS I REALLY HAVE TO.AS LONG AS GOD LETS ME MAKE A WAY TO WORK NO MATTER HOW MUCH PAIN I WILL KEEP DOING IT . NOT FOR THE MONEY BUT FOR MY SANITY. I CAN NOT STAND SITTING IN THE HOUSE.